Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Father's Day Salutations
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  11:13:36 PM  Show Profile
To all you fathers, we salute you.

Happy Father's Day.

Differences between Mothers and Fathers:

Mother teaches you about the 3 Bears.
Father teaches you about the 3 Stooges.

Mother reads you Christmas stories about the Three Wise men.
Father reads you stories about the 3 Wise Guys.

Mother teaches you about : Dr. Phil, Dr. Seuss and Doc Martin.
Father teaches you about Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine and Dr. Howard.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  04:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Good one Wanda. This one took me a while.
Dr Howard, Dr Fine, Dr Howard And Happy Dad's Day.

dog

Wag More. Bark Less
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  07:35:14 AM  Show Profile
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk......!
Actually, being Dad is one of my favorite gigs, although da tutu kane gig is way up there! Happy dad's day to y'all. btw, I have 2 kids born today - my oldest and youngest.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  07:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage
Mahalo Wanda,

You are so right, it is our sacred duty as dads to teach our kids that it's alright to ack stoopid sometimes... Then turn 180 and geevum some wacks when they DO ack stoopid! Such is life, eh?

"I have no recollection of that"
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  08:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kawika96797

...it's alright to ack stoopid sometimes...
What is this "ack" to which you refer? For some of us, is no "ack" - it's okay to BE stoopid sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  06:00:36 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:

...it's alright to ack stoopid sometimes...
What is this "ack" to which you refer? For some of us, is no "ack" - it's okay to BE stoopid sometimes.

Nah, as my Dad used to say "It's ok to be ignorant, but it's not ok to be stupid" - ususally said after I'd done something stupid twice!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  07:59:36 AM  Show Profile
That's why it's good to have at least 2 older brothers. When the oldest talks the second one into doing something stupid, the 3rd bra watches them get BIP! BIP! BIP! and says "I'll bet that hurt!I ain't gonna do THAT!" Me, I was the 2nd brother.Ouch!
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  08:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

That's why it's good to have at least 2 older brothers. When the oldest talks the second one into doing something stupid, the 3rd bra watches them get BIP! BIP! BIP! and says "I'll bet that hurt!I ain't gonna do THAT!" Me, I was the 2nd brother.Ouch!
Paul

=======================
I have 3 boys and the 3rd seems smarter and more cautious than the older boys. It looks like he observes and learns from the mistakes of the bruddahs. Alongs those lines, let me relate this story:

My oldest son, Keola (27) and the little brother Josh (14) were having lunch at a restaurant on Maui. Josh finishes his meal and goes to the restroom. Keola runs up to the cash register and pays the tab, and goes back to the table. When Josh returned to the table, Keola says, "When I count to 3, get up and let's jus dig out the door fast!" So Keola runs out the door and gets into the car. Poor Josh sat at the table in shock for about 15 minutes waiting to see if his big bro was ever coming back. True story.

Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  10:18:12 AM  Show Profile
quote:

My oldest son, Keola (27) and the little brother Josh (14) were having lunch at a restaurant on Maui. Josh finishes his meal and goes to the restroom. Keola runs up to the cash register and pays the tab, and goes back to the table. When Josh returned to the table, Keola says, "When I count to 3, get up and let's jus dig out the door fast!" So Keola runs out the door and gets into the car. Poor Josh sat at the table in shock for about 15 minutes waiting to see if his big bro was ever coming back. True story.
Good story brah, mahalo fo sharing. So did Josh have good fun karanging Keola's alas?
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  9:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guitarded

[quote]Originally posted by Kawika96797

So did Josh have good fun karanging Keola's alas?

===========
Big brother is a BEEG BLALAH. Little brother is not stoopid enough to try anything. They really love each other and it makes me proud to be their dad. sniff

Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  1:08:16 PM  Show Profile
Kawika: Big Blalah must have learned his kolohe-ness from someone. Could it be like faddah like son?

But speaking of 3 Stooges, does anyone know the name of the episode that has the memorable line: But who threw those pies". I figure if Big Dog can find Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard, then maybe I can find that one. Woo-woo-woo-woo-woo.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  1:28:04 PM  Show Profile
Spook Louder (1943)

For the record, I don't like The Three Stooges. Never have. I don't care for physical humor where people get hurt. That includes AFV and that ilk. What I do like is the algorithms of Search Engines. Google fascinates me. It's so inane compared to some of the older spiders, but if you know how the ask the question, you can get to what you want pretty quickly. Both of my responses above came from asking the right question. Ahhhh. Such is life.

Now if you'd have said the McKenzie Brothers. That's a different story altogether. EH!!!!!

dog

Wag More. Bark Less

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 06/23/2009 4:12:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  5:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by `Ilio Nui

For the record, I don't like The Three Stooges. Never have. I don't care for physical humor where people get hurt. That includes AFV and that ilk.
I'm with you there, dog. I'm more of an absurdist myself.

Edited by - Retro on 06/23/2009 5:37:11 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000