Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 Saturday, July 7th -- scheduled downtime
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  04:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
On Saturday, July 7th at approximately 11:00 p.m. MST (GMT -7), the server where Taropatch.net lives will be moved to a new datacenter. Therefore, Taropatch.net is expected to be offline for approximately 3 to 4 hours.

If you are a Taropatch.net junky like me, I recommend taking this opportunity to play your guitar, `ukulele, steel guitar, bass or preferred instrument.

Andy

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  08:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message
Hi Admin ... I post on another board that uses the same format (Snitz) and when they moved servers, the entire board and all the members got lost because their admin failed to back the board up first. Hope this doesn't happen here because it's taken months and a lot of effort to recover a good portion of what was lost - but not everything was recovered. There were over 1000 members before the board got moved and less than half that number are now back.

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  08:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Marguerite,

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to do a complete back up before the move. I feel for the Admin of your other Snitz board. That it terrible.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  5:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message
This was Lee's board and you have no idea how upset people were. They went from MSN to this format, moved the server that holds his website and forum and didn't know what would happen. They were afraid that a lot would be lost and a lot was. It took an enormous effort to retrieve what they could. Actually, it was his fault because he should have known better. I work in IT so know about backup and restore and how important it is.

Now, the spammers are getting in. Lots of spambots. I comb the membership list for spammers each week and there are always a few to be deleted. Plus, it's a moderated board. I like the fact that this one isn't. But then, this is the forum for a superstar.

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  03:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Andy's an expert and has been taking great care of us for a long time. Of course, I didn't read this so got caught last night while posting.....
Mahalo nui loa Andy!!!
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  06:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Whew...good to have the patch back.

Nothing ruins my evening more, than finding taropatch.net "out of service"!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000