Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Crate TX15
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  10:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Crate's line of Taxi Battery Powered Amplifiers can be the answer when you need amplification but don't have access to a power outlet. I bought a TX15. It also comes in a larger TX50DB model.

The amp offers up to eight hours of battery power. Dual channels allow you to control two instruments or plug in an instrument and a mic (1/4"/XLR combo input jack). The 8" speaker does a pretty good job of delivering a clean, loud sound. The TX15 includes a 120V charger/adapter for standard operation and recharging the battery.

It's not super high fidelity but for the price (~$170), it does a surprisingly good job. Ideal for beach weddings and the like.

Here is a photo - in use at the Jersey shore last Saturday. I plugged my ukulele and mic directly into the TX15. It got the job done.

I owned the amp for about 11 months before discovering a problem with the battery not recharging. After a quick diagnostic over the phone with customer service, they shipped out a replacement. I was pleased by their service and decision to replace the amp.

Andy

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  12:16:33 AM  Show Profile
I like my TX15, too. It does very well with guitar as well. I've been using my two Roland Cube Street amps a lot lately for all day beach jams. They run 15 hours at full power on a set of AA batteries and have almost as much acoustical output as the TX15, with the addition of effects seperate on both channels. Here's a past review of battery powered amps that I need to update:

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7224

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000