Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Pidgin English stories and slack key 6-20-09
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  05:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Please pass the word along via email or phone friends and family. Mahalo
for your support and see you on Saturday! Mahalo- Kamaka

The Coffee Gallery Backstage
2029 N. Lake
Altadena, CA. Phone for Reservations: (626) 398-7917

"If Can Can. If No Can. No Can."
Hawaiian Pidgin English Stories with Kamaka Brown

Hawai’ian island native Kamaka Brown returns to the Coffee Gallery Backstage with his show of original short stories accompanied by guitarist T.Dan Hofstedt. His January 2009 show was sold out.This is a whole band show with all the trimmings. Outstanding.

Brown, a comic, writer, and producer born and raised in Hawai’i now lives in Southern California. He has a catalog of original stories written in Hawai’ian Pidgin English of pre-statehood Hawai’i told through the eyes of a child living in rural O’ahu.

You will enjoy a nostalgic romp through the back roads of country living and the wide eyed wonder of being part of the blue collar neighborhoods of urban Honolulu. Brown’s shows are a “back porch” hang loose journey filled with stories, humor, memories and music.

This is a one of a kind unique show that must be experienced to understand. Previously sold out shows in Southern California attest to the power of the spoken word and the joy of a simple solo guitar playing softly like a gentle breeze blowing along a north shore beach at sunset.

Coffee Gallery Back Stage’s Bob Stane says of this show:
“Kamaka Brown and his show of music and stories is one of my all time favorite shows at The Coffee Gallery Backstage. This is an offering from a sharp, professional comedian and talented musician replete with a full cadre of supporting wits and players.

This is a genuine musical presentation with a generous serving of funny stagecraft. What a delight they are. He and his musician friends weave a tuneful spell between stories of childhood thrills, vivid memories and unique adventures. All from the perspective of soothing country life in sleepy Hawaii. Music is played. Philosophy is exchanged and native wisdom shared. And the music! If anyone in the audience does not like the multi-instrumental extravaganza they are "soul deprived" and seriously humor impaired. The lyrics are clever and funny.”

The show will feature slack key guitarist T.Dan Hofstedt. T.Dan has two beautiful CDs out with his original compositions. “T.Dan has been influenced by the masters of slack key. His music flows sweet and melodic a perfect background to my stories,” Brown said.

Native Hawai’ian band O’ahu joins Kamaka with musical selections drifting in and out of the story telling. By popular demand there are two shows.. Call after June 1st - tell'em you want tickets for one the June 20th shows of Hawaiian Pidgin English Stories with Kamaka Brown. Saturday, June 20.
Matinee: 3:30PM Evening Show: 7:00 P.M.
Tickets $20

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  11:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
The 7:30 show is nearly sold, but plenty tickets left for the afternoon...

( o )=====::;

Edited by - T-Dan on 06/16/2009 12:07:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000