Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Kohala KP-T Tenor 'Ukulele $49 bucks...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2014 :  7:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every now and then there comes a bargain instrument that is playable with good intonation and action. The Kohala KP-T Kanikapila Series Tenor 'Ukulele is definitely one of them. I comes with a thick (not padded) gig bag, a chromatic clip on tuner and an instruction booklet to get you started playing.

The construction is very nice for the price. The chrome tuning machines are adjustable for tension. I used a Philips Head screwdriver to turn them all snug before tuning up the GHS strings that came with the package. After properly stretching and tuning the strings, it was ready to play. I used the simple, chromatic tuner that came with the kit. It shows you the note, sharp, flat or Green when dead on.

Intonation was decent on all four strings up to the 12th fret (octave). The action (height of the strings over the frets) is nice and does not have a great effect on intonation across the length of the scale.

It produces a full sound, being a tenor.

Bottom line - It's not a Kala or Ohana. Definitely not a Pono or a real "K" brand. What it is, is an nice playing 'ukulele for the beginner or a second 'ukulele for a friend to play along with you. It's also a nice 'ukulele to leave in your car or office for impromptu jams. The sale ends 09/01/2014, so don't wait if you are interested. Entry level soprano 'ukulele can often be found on sale. A sale tenor 'ukulele is an even more rare item. Ric

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000