Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Steel Guitar
 Jeff Au Hoy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2014 :  07:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got back from the Hawaiian Steel Guitar Association's (HSGA) in Ft. Collins, CO, where Jeff was the featured artist. Man, is he good! He just gets better and better. Jeff loves the Hawaiian music of the 50's and 60's and sings and plays in that style. He plays on Wednesdays at the Kanekapila Grill at the Outrigger on the Beach with Cyril Pahinui. Go see him, if you can. He's also coming to the mainland with Cyril as parto of Cyril's Slack Key Festival (Seattle on 11/8-9).

keaka

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  12:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, right down the road and I missed it. Even without laying a finger on HSG, it's of interest! But assume it's a different place each year?
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  09:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kapila Kane

wow, right down the road and I missed it. Even without laying a finger on HSG, it's of interest! But assume it's a different place each year?

It was in Joliet, IL for many years, but there is NOTHING to do outside of the convention, so partners, wives, children, etc. wouldn't come. Since Chris Kennison (on the board of HSGA) lives in Ft. Collins, along with several others, the Mainland convention has moved there and will be there for a while. It was, IMHO, the best one I've ever attended. Since 2015 is an odd-numbered year, there will be a Waikiki convention in late April.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

seldomfed
Aloha

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2015 :  1:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit seldomfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha,
The next Fort Collins steel guitar festival will be held OCT 1,2,3 at the Hilton Garden Inn - plans are being made. Watch www.hsga.org for details.

Yes, Jeff is a wizard for sure. We had a ball. Ft. Collins is ranked #3 as one of the best college towns in the USA. It's also ranked quite high for quality of life, and as a retirement mecca. Compared to the Joliet conventions - there is much to do outside the convention in Ft. Collins. Restaurants close by that provide any cuisine you desire, lots of famous micro-brews (Fat Tire), and of course Fall colors in the Rocky Mountains.

We'll post info soon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000