Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Uke-A-Thon at the PPIE Centennial Celebration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  11:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatchers... Long time no see... Hope all is well with all...
Wanted to share this uke event. Maybe it should be posted in events forum?... It's a uke thing...

The Panama Pacific International Exposition's 100th Anniversary will be on Feb. 21, 2015 at the Palace of Fine Arts in SF (noon to 5pm+). Said to be the event in which Hawaiian music began to soar in popularity, it also marks the debut of the ukulele on the mainland. Join us for a Uke-A-Thon under the huge rotunda outside (weather permitting). Bring your ukes and join the fun...

3:00 PM: UKE- A-THON UNDER THE ROTUNDA – featuring Ben Ahn, Hana Hou 100, Hiram Kaailau Bell,and other special guests. All are welcome. Lessons, dancing, fun!
For more info go to http://www.ppie100.org/event/community-day-palace-fine-arts/

The Uke-A-Thon will also be a tribute to honor the memory of Edgar Dang from the Aloha Warehouse in Japantown/SF.

While I'm at it...

I am also performing on the same day in a children's show at 11am in Berkeley at the Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse with my good friend Rudy Trubitt. More info http://www.thefreight.org/rudy-trubitt-hiram-bell

I am also performing at Angelicas in Redwood City on March 20th. More info www.angelicasllc.com

Stay Tuned...

Edited by - hikabe on 02/06/2015 11:40:02 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000