Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 looking in Colorado
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hollycoy
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  06:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! I am new to this site. I have been playing slack key for over 3 yrs now. Would love to know if there is anyone in the Front Range side of Colorado that plays. I also play Ukulele.
Thanks! Holly

Holly Coy

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  07:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kapila Kane is in Lakewood. Probably as close as you will find. He pipes in here occasionally or go to the members section and look him up.
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  07:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well there's a few. I'm in North Lakewood.
I have spells of practice and letting it rest from getting discouraged. But play the best slack key I can, and play some uke, mainly for accompanying songs. I am in real life a professional fiddler/music teacher--if that's possible-- and hence my moniker Kapila Kane (literally Fiddle Man, but actually a clever spin on "kanikapila" concocted from our Taropatch and Palo Alto/Maui friend Lawrence.. the sound engineer and slacker (in a good way) at George Kahumoku's (terrific) summer music camp.

There are other players scattered around Colorado, but good Kanikapila gatherings like those common on the West Coast are rare, or I'm not invited! We do run into a huge hidden community of enthusiastic Hawaiian music fans, and a few are players. Usually when Hawaiian artists play concerts! George Kahumoku and Ledward's last one was a
Swallow Hill sellout...
so drop an e-mail note through this site, and I can get back to you. Spring would be a good time to Kanikapila, or try a few songs and see if Kanikapila could happen here.

BTW, a fast response is not always happening here, but today I checked in... and I get the notices in my email if someone sends something here.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 04/06/2015 07:56:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

hollycoy
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  3:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please let me know if there is a Kanikapila! I have been dreaming of playing along with others. I have lots of music!

Holly Coy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000