Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Ho`omaluhia by Kawika Kahiapo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  08:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sooooooo nice, this one! Filled with old and new compositions...
http://www.mele.com/music/artist/kawika+kahiapo/ho%60omaluhia+%2803-18-2014%29/

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  04:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely purr-worthy :-)

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  07:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As long as we're talking about Kawika, how about his Ku`u `Aina Aloha http://www.mele.com/music/artist/kawika+kahiapo/ku%60u+%60aina+aloha/

The debut of his composition, "Waimanalo," was on Cyril's "Let's Play Music" DVD and it's a gem. And if the CD version is the same "Papalina Lahilahi" he played at the Bluwater Grill a few years ago, it's just wonderful, a totally new take on the hula classic. (The link on mele.com is reported as a corrupted file when I try to play the sample in my Firefox browser.)

Ah, I was able to download the sample and play it, and it's the same slowed down minorized arrangement. And I just checked and it streams and plays fine in Explorer.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Edited by - Fran Guidry on 04/14/2015 07:46:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  08:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great albums. In fact, 12 nominations for Nā Hōkū Hanohano awards great! Congrats to Kāwika.

Here's a vid of Waimānalo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wWsSOOx4HY

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2015 :  07:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And here's the "Let's Play Music" video featuring Kawika, Cyril Pahinui, Palani Vaughn, Mike Kaawa, and more and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpNidhxhLOA

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

punamele
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2015 :  09:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit punamele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fran Guidry

(The link on mele.com is reported as a corrupted file when I try to play the sample in my Firefox browser.)

I just uploaded new clips for Kawika, Kunewa, Kuana, Keali`i and Jeff Peterson. Working my way down the list. I think my WavePad clip editor needed an update. It helped to clear my cache in Firefox as well. Any feedback is appreciated!
Mahalo - Puna
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2015 :  09:53:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punamele

I just uploaded new clips for Kawika, Kunewa, Kuana, Keali`i and Jeff Peterson. Working my way down the list. I think my WavePad clip editor needed an update. It helped to clear my cache in Firefox as well. Any feedback is appreciated!
Mahalo - Puna

The clips sound great, Puna.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000