Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Led Kaapana at Honey's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1574 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2016 :  3:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In case you missed the news, Led Kaapana no longer plays every Sunday at Kona Brewing Company in Hawai`i Kai. His regular weekly gig is now at Honey's at the Ko`olau Golf Course on Saturday evening from 6 to 8:30. The folks at Honey's have really gotten behind their live Hawaiian music program, with music Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They're even advertising on local TV!

I hauled my cameras and recorder up to the gig last weekend and in spite of poor preparation I got most of the first set with decent quality. Here's a playlist of all seven songs with four on guitar and three on the Chuck Moore `ukulele:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ahw0R0vPY&list=PLKRxWcC_LftegcwkGk29exMW3ncGqMduV

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2016 :  07:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw these as you were posting them to Facebook. They are fabulous, Fran. Led is such a treasure. You can tell him I said so, too!! LOL.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000