Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Hawai`ian Masters in ABQ last night
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

basilking
Lokahi

124 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  06:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw a wonderful concert last night in ABQ - George Kahumoku Jr, Kawika Kahiapo, and Nathan Awaeau! Each of them sang/played individually and they all played/sang together too.

It was pretty cool to see the different styles of guitar playing they employed. George & Kawika in open tunings, Nathan played beautiful Hawai`ian sounding music and jazzier things in standard tuning and effectively used a looper pedal [go figger, it worked great!].

I got to chat with Kawika on a break about taropatch w/C bass which he seemed to use the entire time in both G & C [or capoed versions]. I like this tuning well too, was interested to see how he grabs various minor chords with great fluidity.

George MC's the event and performs really well [as always]. He seemed a bit tired, perhaps because their flight was delayed. That also caused cancellation of the afternoon workshops, but I still "learned" just from watching/hearing all three play. A great night.

Edited by - basilking on 03/07/2017 6:52:36 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000