Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Behringer XR-18
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2017 :  6:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - so I was encouraged to post a little more...

I would normally not recommend Behringer gear.
But recently, the company was merged with several others, including Midas, who make respectably middle-high-end gear.

So they came out with this Digital Mixer- the XR-32 a few years ago and it continues to get pretty good reviews, but a little too pricey for my purposes (and too big)

Now they put out this XR18 thing that is the same size as a bread box and weights only 7 pounds, and costs only $700 or so. Yet it replaces my Mackie 1604 and a whole rack full of auxiliary equipment. It can be controlled by my laptop or a tablet computer via wires or wireless, and it works with Apple, PC or Linux gear. This means I can mix from anywhere in the room and even wander around while mixing if I want to. Unlike my Mackie analog mixer(s), which have hundreds of knobs, this thing HAS NO KNOBS (except for a headphone volume control). The control is all done via the PC/Laptop/Tablet GUI.

I have been using it for nearly a year and will even be using it tomorrow for On-Air broadcast on KKUP-FM Cupertino (KKUP.ORG for streaming) for the Friday Folk-Off program (3-6PM PST).

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 04/13/2017 6:10:27 PM

les_maverick
Lokahi

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2017 :  06:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit les_maverick's Homepage  Send les_maverick an AOL message  Send les_maverick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Lawrence ...
Let me know if you want to sell your old worn out 1604s
I have one right now ...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000