Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Song licenses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2017 :  2:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For you guys in the recording know, what do you do if you wish to record a song that does not appear on the Harry Fox website public search? Also, I know that Peter Moon and Ron Rosha penned "He Hawaii Au" but the only Harry Fox hit for that song is Sean NaAuao. Any ideas? Let's say I wanted to record that song and buy a license. Does Sean get the royalty? Not sure that's fair. Maybe Ozzie will read this, or maybe I'll email him (I know he recorded it).

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  07:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very useful subject posed here, Terry. I personally don't know beans about the subject but I'd be very interested in knowing your findings. If you don't get the answers here & get it from Oz or someone else, can you please share the info here?

BTW, I saw Young Peter Moon on Saturday May 13th at the Gabby Pahinui Waimanalo Kanikapila Festival. Hoping he can attend my kanikapila at the end of May. Ledward will be there. In fact he's the one that hustled me for a kanikapila because Fran Guidry is in town (Saw them both at the Gabby Fest too) David Kaio is coming & I'm going to Ozzie's house for a face to face invitation You probably know how Oz is with returning phone calls & emails. Hahahaha

Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  09:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke,
See if Ozzie knows the answer to this. If you can get a word in. I will still email him. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000