Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Slack key connections and /or lessons Southern CA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  08:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey ccb,

Don't ever worry about being intimidated by others. Once when I was a fairly new pilot I was getting checked out in a new more complex type of airplane than what I had trained in for my license. I apologized to the instructor, admitting that I was a low time pilot. He just looked at me and said, "Don't worry about it. Even birds start with zero flight hours. Let's just go fly the airplane!".

You can even argue that an intermediate player might be a little better to lead an absolute newbie, because they might seem more accessible and less intimidating. For example, I would not want to take driving lessons from Mario Andretti. It was certainly intimidating to play a slack-key tune for Keola Beamer in class at my first Aloha Music Camp. But everyone in the room survived.
Go to Top of Page

ccb290
Aloha

9 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  12:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Duke,

I'm flattered you remembered. Yes, you did provide me with tabs and gave me valuable advice on slurs. Thanks to you I'm now playing songs I'd never thought I'd be able to play. You really did bring my slack key playing to a new level, and now I'm motivated to give back and help those wanting to learn.

Mahalo Duke!!

Tim
Go to Top of Page

ccb290
Aloha

9 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  7:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Earl,

Thank you for the encouragement and what you said makes perfect sense.

Mahalo!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000