Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Tab for Na Kika Elua duet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

12toneman
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  06:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a tab score for this beauty? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC4j32PEHRs

If so, anybody know where I can find it?

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  3:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check with Ozzie, he's here in the 'patch.
Go to Top of Page

Claudia
Lokahi

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2017 :  01:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got it - let's get together again and get started! Love this duet.
Go to Top of Page

12toneman
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2017 :  09:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, let's! I'll email you!
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  08:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Sebastian

So glad you & Claudia hooked up. She's a very good slack key guitarist. A bonus is that she also has a lot of Keola & Ozzie tabs. She got a beautiful voice too. I've had the pleasure of playing with her multiple times when she visited Hawaii. She's one of the lifelong friends I've made here on TP.

Hey Claudia,

Was it you who said you have the tabs for "Auntie Alice's 14 Measures"? If so, could you send them to me? I learned it 17 years ago at a night school slack key class with Jay. I remember most of it & use to have the tabs but they're long gone now. The class kumu was an Auntie Alice haumana named Kale Bannister. He jams with Donald Batino Kaulia a lot now days. I think the "14 Measuers" would be great for entry level haumana I come across & is probably good for when the day comes that I can convince my mo'opuna to start learning kiho'alu.
Go to Top of Page

Maliko
Lokahi

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  10:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thumbstruck

Check with Ozzie, he's here in the 'patch.

...E Kory, wanna give it a try widʻ a fiddle?

Put da "pila" back in "Kanikapila"
Go to Top of Page

12toneman
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  2:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Hey Sebastian

So glad you & Claudia hooked up. She's a very good slack key guitarist. A bonus is that she also has a lot of Keola & Ozzie tabs. She got a beautiful voice too. I've had the pleasure of playing with her multiple times when she visited Hawaii. She's one of the lifelong friends I've made here on TP.

Hey Claudia,

Was it you who said you have the tabs for "Auntie Alice's 14 Measures"? If so, could you send them to me? I learned it 17 years ago at a night school slack key class with Jay. I remember most of it & use to have the tabs but they're long gone now. The class kumu was an Auntie Alice haumana named Kale Bannister. He jams with Donald Batino Kaulia a lot now days. I think the "14 Measuers" would be great for entry level haumana I come across & is probably good for when the day comes that I can convince my mo'opuna to start learning kiho'alu.

Ah, yes, please add me to what must already be a long list of admirers. And she speaks very highly of you, too, Duke. I'm very fortunate to have met her.
Go to Top of Page

Claudia
Lokahi

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  3:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Sebastian and Duke - you two are such sweeties! Thank you! Duke, my lifelong buddy thanks to Taropatch! - I never had Auntie Alice's full 14 figures but I think I learned some of them that were imbedded in a couple of Auntie Alice songs that Ozzie taught me many, many years ago. I wish I had 'em all. Sebastian, we are going to get crackin' on Nā Kīkā ʻElua in NYC, yeah!
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  5:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Claudia

Try asking Fran Guidry for Auntie Alice's 14 Measures. He was gracious & generous enough to have sent them to me when he saw my request to you. Want to thank Fran again. Mahalo buddy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000