Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Shooting in the living room
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2019 :  07:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a house concert here last week and set Led up in the corner by the super-kitschy coconut palm lamp. The setting looked so good that I risked the wrath of the ladies and took over the living room with cameras, mics, and lights so we could shoot some video. Much nicer vibe than the gear in the studio.

"Sanoe" is one that Led and I have only recently played together, one of the sweetest of melodies and a lot of fun to explore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQADpo2zy4

On the other hand, "Aloha `Ia No O Maui" is a song that we've played a lot, even caught on video before, but it's just so much fun to see how far Led can push the melody and chords - as many times as we've played the song he still finds new ways to surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHz-3wQGKYI

Led and Sharon are leaving on Monday but I'm leaving the cameras and mics set up just in case we find some time to shoot another clip. We just need a nice long errand to get the ladies out of the house and a little bit of a warm spell so we can turn off the heater!

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

qihai
Aloha

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2019 :  10:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful Fran. Thank you. What is the tuning?
Thanks.
Tony
Go to Top of Page

qihai
Aloha

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2019 :  10:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, found it. Have to watch till the very end! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2019 :  08:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful, Fran. I love the way Led explores and defines a tune - and how it's different each time. Also, your playing has truly blossomed since we played together so long ago at the Healdsburg Guitar Festival.

Mahalo!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

12toneman
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2019 :  2:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great stuff. Led is smokin' on Aloha `Ia No O Maui. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000