Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 lauele
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2022 :  6:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone who had gone to one of the music camps had any music or tabs for Sonny Lim's "Lauele". I have a video of him playing the tune at one of the camps. He plays it in Taro Patch, but I can't see some of his chord shapes. I can guess at the sound using Amazing Slow Downer and can figure out most of it. Tabs would be a real help. Thanks.

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
503 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2022 :  2:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't recall that tune from my time at AMC with Sonny (last was 2009 winter camp). He taught us tunes in Open C and Open Bb tuning, but I would have to do some major digging to find what we were given. While I hang onto everything, it is in a binder somewhere.

What about reaching him via email and asking directly?
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2022 :  06:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Earl. I haven't a clue to his email. I don't like to ask for stuff unless It's been used in a camp or is readily available. I'm working through the video that I have and I can figure out most of it. Tab would be gravy, though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000