Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Books
 Heads up on a problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  1:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazon.com has listed a reprint of Kanahele's Hawaiian Music & Musicians for under $100. It is supposed to be a print on demand volume from a group called Page Collectors in LA. Well, I ordered it - and that order began a real mess. I will skip the details, but suffice to say that Page Collectors did not keep two deadlines which they emailed me. When they missed their second deadline, I emailed and asked them if they had shipped the book and it was lost, or if they had not yet shipped it. They told me they shipped it the day before. That has been over a month ago - and they are not answering emails. I had to figure out abebooks (group that handles Amazon's used market) system to finally get to their administration -- I still have not gotten the book or a refund. I got Amazon's customer service involved - which now means filling out a claim and waiting for them to process it.

Bottom line -- while it may be tempting to get this book at under $100 (even in reprint form) - stay away from this dealer

Raymond Stovich
San Jose

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  2:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo for the "heads up" on this one -- I took the liberty of passing the info along to the readers of alt.music.hawaiian ('net newsgroup).
ABE has a poor reputation among both sellers and buyers (I won't bore you with my own negative ABE experiences).

All of my book purchases made through www.bookfinder.com have been pleasant -- and they've got copies of Kanahele's book for sale right now, too!

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  4:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll back that up - I was able to find a very good condition copy for 150.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000