Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Books
 HAWAIIAN SLACK KEY GUITAR by Ren Tava
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

All Thumbs
Aloha

35 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  07:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to get a copy of "Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar" by Ren Tava. I tried contacting Ray Kane at the address listed on Taro Patch to see if copies were still available or if the document would be republished, but have gotten no response. I understand that Mr. Kane has been quite ill, so I'm not surprised that he and his family have much more urgent issues.

Does anyone know where I can aquire a copy of the book? I'm not sure what the copyright restrictions are with out-of-print publications, but I would certainly be willing to pay for a copy (Hope I'm not incriminating myself with this admission.) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo

All Thumbs

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  06:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This book has been out of print for quite some time and the Kanes do not have copies. There are no plans to republish at the moment that I'm aware of (I've spoken to Reri.) To be honest, the book is not that good (through no fault of Uncle Ray); the tab is crude and extremely difficult to follow, even when watching him play. You're much better off picking up a copy of his DVD from http://www.thegtw.com/productCat45649.ctlg and learning by watching.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

chip
Aloha

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  8:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the above book,& tape,I aquiried it in 1997, this was my first venture into slack & playing guitar, so I really enjoyed having some instruction. I feel the same as cpatch, now, on the book, the more modern material on slack, is the way to go.I`am not sure if its just the songs your wanting,?? most of them are in other inst. manuels, or acquired as sheet music & I`am sure much better written, with all due respect to our beloved Uncle Ray Chip
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000