Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Books
 Slack Key Books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rlowenote
Akahai

84 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  08:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just checking out Amazon.com for some deals on "used" CD's and found the Mark Hanson "Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar" on sale for $12.97 . Also "Keola Beamer Teaches Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar" was only $13.57 . Good price for these two books.

Ralph

Edited by - Rlowenote on 03/03/2006 08:34:47 AM

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  3:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just remember that when you buy overstocks, cutouts or "used" that all of the money goes to the seller, and not a penny to the artists. What's "cut out" off the price is the royalty payments.

That's why I always say: put a tip in the hat of the next live musician you see to help spread the "people's royalties."

cheers,

Mark

Go to Top of Page

Rlowenote
Akahai

84 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  05:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,

I know that used merchandise is "royalty free", but what about new merchandise at locations like Amazon.com? Are the books that are on sale not included in royalty payments? Are royalties realized only at Retail prices or at Retail locations only? I prefer to buy Books/CDs at performances/workshops thinking that the royalties and a portion of the mark-up goes to the seller/artist. Is that correct? Where does the artist/author realize the greatest margin?

Some of this royalty stuff is quite confusing to me, such as collection of fees from coffee houses hosting open mics closing because of slow business and having ASCAP trying to collect fees or forcing them into public domain music only.

I like your tag line of the "tip hat" idea.

BTW, thanks for the music tips in Dana Point last September!

Ralph
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000