Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Happy Birthday and String Giveaway!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  10:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
February 10th marks TaroPatch.net's one year aniversary, and it has been a very dynamic, exciting first year for this web site. I set up the skeleton, but the real meat has been here in the forum where there is life - experiences and information shared among people from many places and backgrounds.

quote:
OUR MISSION is to :
  • Show appreciation for Hawaiian music and for those who make it.
  • List and review resources for learning ki ho`alu.
  • Provide a community where we can share music, song, and aloha in cyberspace.

I think we have all done well to follow the mission statement stated on the 'about' page. I hope you are as proud as I am of this community whose discussions express such an open love for Hawai`i, its people and music.

In celebration of your contributions to this `ohana, one of our members has generously donated 5 sets of John Pearse slack key strings to give away. The idea is to award "best post of the week" prizes during the month of February. Simply post to qualify. Email me to vote.

Thank you for your posts, ideas, and support which make this a truly fun place. We also hope some of you lurkers may post in 2003!

With aloha,
Andy

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  12:22:35 AM  Show Profile
My vote is for your post above. This website is a fabulous idea, a great resource. You, Andy, have been extremely responsive. My vote is happy anniversary - the strings are yours.
Raymond Stovich
San Jose, CA
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  2:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Right on the mark, Raymond!

Happy Anniversary, Andy. You are a winner.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  3:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks guys but my borrowed typical contest legalese states otherwise...
quote:
Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Except as required by law, TaroPatch.net will not share entrant information with any third parties. Employees of TaroPatch.net and affiliated companies and members of those employees' immediate families are not eligible. Drawing governed by laws of United States. Any claims relating to this sweepstakes must be resolved in the United States. For a list of prize winners, send a self addressed envelope to...

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:18:13 PM  Show Profile
*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

This is the best thing that has happened to promote Slack Key since Uncle Ray!!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  01:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
amen Dusty I could not agree more
BTW; Looking forward to spending some time with you San Diego boys this weekend. Sulle'
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  11:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Great. See you there Jerry. I think Bob Lee is comming too.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  1:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Hau'oli La Piha Makahiki e Taro Patch.net a me Andy!!
Hope there are many more anniversaries to celebrate with this wonderful forum you've set up for all of us to connect.
Congratulations!
Aloha, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000