Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 AG Mag, again
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  2:12:02 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

Got the April issue of Acoustic Guitar mag yesterday and it has the annual listing of music camps. Of course, Aloha Music Camp was listed and Mark, I guess, had placed an attractive ad for the camp, complete with my favorite petroglyph - the guitar playing dude. BUT, right there on pg.76 is a picture captioned "Aloha Hawaiian Music and Dance Camp Student". The pic shows a very attractive blonde woman holding a very attractive flamed redwood McCollum Meghann guitar. Guess who that might be. I am chagrined because I didn't notice it when I first read the thing and it was Sarah who pointed it out me. Actually, yelled it out to me from the living room when I was out in the kitchen making dinner. Oh well, it must have been the pic's funky color balance (really yellow) that made me oblivious.

Steve Grimes also had a really amusing ad on pg. 106. He has always used a famous painting in a kind of joking way in his ads (like putting his own face on "American Gothic"). This one is a painting from about the 1890's (I would guess) that shows a robust, smiling woman,in what the French would call deshabille (the really important feature ;-), holding a Grimes guitar to, and concealing, her bosom, with a snarling cat in front of them. The caption above is: "une femme, sa guitare, et son chat". The caption below is: "Fine Art".

...Reid

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  8:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
'a picture captioned "Aloha Hawaiian Music and Dance Camp Student""

Ummm, that wasn't the caption I sent. Sorry, Sarah, they wuz s'posed to tell da woild about 'cha.

Incidentally, I'd also sent a nice pic of Andy -- you know, female editor, picture of a hunky guy.... Ya never know.

Mark `Oma`oma`o
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  9:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Mark, you know who shortstops all that stuff: Teja Gerken. I have heard a few stuffs about him from a few luthiers I happen to know - it was the McCollum, face on, that did it. They are all bidness at AG. Andy ain't his type, anyway. As hunky as Andy might be ( I can just *hear* the blood rushing up Andy's face right now :-0), there is no contest between a kane and a wahine, as you can tell from their usual blonde belly button ads for mass market guitars. But, when Sarah and Andy are both in our living room making sweet music (no kaona or metaphors here - both Lynette and I are watching and listening, except during Lynette's naps) they are a really good looking act.

BTW, you gonna have kika petroglyph shirts in anything smaller than XXL (George size) any time soon, and any other color but bright Green - `Oma`oma`o is right? Caps, too?

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  9:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Mark,

Thanks for sending my pic in. I guess AG did not deem me hunky enough. Gotta hit the weights so I can improve my chances next year.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  11:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Dammit Man!!

Obvious photo-opportunity MISSED!!

Where the hell is my agent anyway?

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  8:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
quote:
BTW, you gonna have kika petroglyph shirts in anything smaller than XXL (George size) any time soon, and any other color but bright Green - `Oma`oma`o is right? Caps, too?
Well, we had a bunch of shirts last summer in a very tasteful blue -- and a couple of hat styles, too. The design changes each year, it's part of our oh-so-subtle incentive to get you to come back. (That's a big hint, Reid and Sarah -- we miss you guys.)

I'll check with Manapualani, our lovely accessories manager, to see what we've got left over. Though I think we sold out... e-mail with size info, OK?

And, since you asked, we do have some jewellery available utilizing the little two-puka guitar guy. Again, e-mail if you want details.

I can't promise anything, but Peggy Chun has given us permission to use one of her designs this summer. I'm way stoked.

Reid-- you might also check with Steve Grimes. Before we started the camp, Steve asked me if he could use the glyph for a T-shirt. (I had designed it as a joke on Keola... there, the truth is told.)

Oh, and he did not give me a guitar in trade -- just a lousy shirt. Da bum.

-- For anybody reading this who is totaly confused -- we are talking about the Aloha Music Camp and its appealing logo. Which is copyrighted, so don't be getting any ideas...

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000