Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 KHCC/So.SanFrancisco/Hiram & Friends-Aug. 31 Fri
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  07:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha,

We are approaching our 3rd year of music, hula, stories, food and great fun. Mahalo to all of you for coming out to share the spirit of aloha and to support the Keululehua Hawaiian Cultural Center. Mahalo to Kumu Kawika for providing this unique setting in which to experience Hawaiian music and enrich our cultural connectivity.

Every month we have a kanikapila in South San Francisco at the Keululehua Hawaiian Cultural Center(APOP), hosted by Kumu hula Kawika Alfiche and myself. It is a pot luck event open to all musicians or singers. 7:30 to 9:30. It's free, but we are asking for donations to help run the center.

E como mai...
Hiram... I'll be there...

APOP Hawaiian Cultural Center
423 Baden Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
(650) 588-1091

Stay Tuned...

Edited by - hikabe on 08/31/2012 11:56:31 AM

les_maverick
Lokahi

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  07:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit les_maverick's Homepage  Send les_maverick an AOL message  Send les_maverick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Uncle Hiram:
This sounds like fun.
Do I need to bring a chair, music stand, music ?
Aloha,
Les
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  7:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bring a stand and the blue book. Maybe a portable heater might be good.

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  10:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The kanikapila spirit is alive and well in South SF CA. Mahalo to all for coming. Each month we have enjoyed sharing music, food and good fun with each other. Next month we'll photo and record to post online. We have had an assortment of musicians including uke, guitar(standard and slack), lap-steel slide guitar, upright bass and harmonica players. Most impressive has been the harmonious sounds of our singers. Thanks again to Kumu Kawika Alfiche and the Keululehua Hawai'ian Cultural Center for the use of the halau, the pefect place for mele.
Everyone is invited to come join us next time. A hui hou...

Stay Tuned...

Edited by - hikabe on 12/22/2008 10:39:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pmahany
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  08:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try, be there, yes the coldest winter was summer in the City. We play keep warm, yes.

Honokowai Pete
Go to Top of Page

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2009 :  8:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Hiram,

Keep me posted so I can put a blurb on our weblog: http://fleajumpers.wordpress.com It turns out we have subscribers from all over Northern California, soI'm sure we'll be able to drum up a little "business" for you.

Elaine
www.winecountryukefest.com
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  1:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Elaine,
Will do. Mahalo

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

salmonella
Lokahi

240 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  09:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiram
Do you know the date for October yet? I am trying to coordinate travel with the Kanikapila.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  12:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oct. 30 will be the next jam session. hele mai

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

Pmahany
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  3:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Say, I'd like to go. I can't drive at present, so if any one is coming from the South Bay and can give me a ride that would be great. Mahalo!

Honokowai Pete
Go to Top of Page

Paisano
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  12:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, what day of the month to you meet in SSF?
Go to Top of Page

Pmahany
Akahai

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  08:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We on for Friday June 24th 2011, so for the City and Peninsula Ohana come on down!

Honokowai Pete
Go to Top of Page

Cshorter
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  12:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone meeting for Kanikapila now that the summer is over?
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  10:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We meet every last Friday of the month. I will be there on Friday. Read the first message of this post... Hiram

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000