Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Future Aloha Camps?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  11:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's good to live too long to die young. I'll be 60 by then, too.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  12:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are such children! Why, I've been 60 for a whole week now. Funny, 20 or 30 years ago 60 seemed ancient. All a matter of perspective and attitude, I guess.

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  7:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you kids!

The "next generation kids" used to call me Julie until they found out that I was older than, say, George Kahumoku and Keola Beamer, and suddenly I'm AUNTIE! So I'm telling you, the "over 60" crowd is hopping! Look out! (But I'm still acting as if I were 30.)

Julie
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  11:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't seem that long ago we weren't trusting anybody over 30! "And the seasons, go round and round...."
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  2:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 69 year old person snuck in my body when I wasn't looking.........I wanna know how!!!!

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Lokahi

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  02:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I’m actually 42 – I just look like I’m 50.
When I go to the Aloha Camp, I very much feel like a junior. This is for two reasons. Firstly a lot of people seem older than I am. There seem to be a lot of ‘60s people. By this I mean that they’re ‘from the 60s’. The people born in the post WWII baby boom who changed the world in the 60s. I don’t mean that they’re IN their 60s (although this is now often the case as well).
But the other thing is that everyone else is seems so much more knowledgeable than I am.

Myself and my Alison are going to make every effort to go to the next February camp. It’s only about 18 months away now! It’ll be here in no time.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  07:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it is any consolation, Keola will be 60, too.

Me? Not till the week after camp. You are all invited to my birthday party, though. It'll be the week of June 27-July 3rd. Guess where?

FWI: Way back in the 60's I met the guy who famously said "Never trust anyone over 30." It was shortly after his 30th birthday.

He said, "I've reconsidered..."
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  07:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Be sure to qualify that... I think it's 60 in Feb. 2011.

By golly, you're right! I forgot I was his elder. Must be his avuncular demeanor.

Well, in that case, everyone is invited to Keola's 60th birthday celebration, too. Let's hold it from Feb 6-12, 2011. How about at the Keauhou?
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Lokahi

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  10:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! Jan and I are signed up for June '10 camp. We're planning to get in a few days early and stay a few days late. No particular plans yet beyond a possible visit to the Wednesday swap meet at Aloha Stadium. Let the countdown begin.

Mālama pono
Ben
Go to Top of Page

Miriamoly
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  12:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miriamoly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See you in June! They've got my $700! I can harely wait to strum unitl my fingers hurt and dance until my feet scream!
Go to Top of Page

Michael MacLeod
Aloha

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  11:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael MacLeod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jo and I will be there Feb, 11. In the meantime, our winter break will be with the Ukulele cruise to Cabo this January. Anyone else planning this little foray??

Michael MacLeod
The Acoustic Guitar, Calgary
www.acousticguitar.net
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000