Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Win an Ohana `Ukulele--all koa
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  12:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage
The second, annual Wine Country Ukelele Festival is fast approaching (September 10, 11, & 12) and we need a new logo/festival design. That's where we hope you can help. I know there are a lot of artists out there.

Louis Wu of Ohana 'Ukuleles has graciously offered to support us yet again, and has offered a beautiful, all koa, gloss finish, soprano `ukulele, with a sound hole rosette, (suggested retail $489) as a prize for whoever sends us the design we decide to use. It's a very sweet little 'ukulele and sounds wonderful.

If you want to see what it looks like, you can visit the Ohana website at www.ohana-music.com/sopr/sk300g/master.html

There's really no criteria for the festival design, except that we would like to emphasize the "wine country" aspect of our 'ukulele festival and would naturally prefer something as colorful and engaging as the image we used last year. (I'm thinking along the lines of "I wanta go back to my little grass shack in Napa Valley") You could even incorporate last year's image if you'd like. (You can refresh your memory at www.winecountryukefest.com ) The winning design would become the property of the Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival; we would be using the design in all of our advertising and promotion regarding the festival as well as on posters, T-shirts, etc. We're happy to give you credit for the image and a link to your website, if appropriate.

The image should be submitted to me (elainede @ sbcglobal.net) as a jpeg or pdf with the option of enlarging it successfully to 12" by 18". Use "WCUF Logo Contest" in the subject line.

The deadline for submissions is April 24 with the winner being announced about a week later.

I think that's it, but if you have any additional questions, I'm sure you'll let me know. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

More details on the festival will be coming shortly.

Elaine

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  10:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage
Thanks everyone who sent me their entries for the logo contest for the Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival for a chance to win the beautiful Ohana koa-wood soprano 'ukulele. They're looking good, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't like to see a few more! The deadline is April 24. Remember to put WCUF LOGO CONTEST in the subject line. You can enter as many times as you'd like! I have a small panel of distinguished judges lined up and standing by......

And we'll soon be announcing a new contest: the best You Tube commercial for the festival featuring the festival theme song: "My Little Wine Rack" (to be sung to tune of "My Little Grass Shack." Lyrics can be found on the Napa Valley Flea Jumpers blog: http://fleajumpers.wordpress.com

Details to come.....

Elaine

Go to Top of Page

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  6:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage
WE HAVE A WINNER! Paul Sirmon of Southlake, Texas will soon be the proud owner of the Ohana SK 300 'ukulele that was offered as first prize. If I could figure out how to post the picture here, I would. So, for the time being, you'll have to visit the festival website ( www.winecountryukefest.com ) to see this and the three runners-up.

Thanks so much to everyone who entered and/or told their friends to enter. We had loads of great images to choose from and it was pretty hard narrowing it down to just one.

There are lots more great things to come, so please stay tuned.

Elaine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000