Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 Trouble posting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  09:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have had at least one report of 'patchers having trouble posting in Internet Explorer 7. I have been able to replicate the issue myself where text of a certain length "hangs". The result is that message is never posted. I did not experience this issue using Firefox.

I am looking into this now. If you are having any problems posting, please post here or email me.

Andy

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  10:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Since my original posting, I have replicated posting issues in IE and Firefox. It seems that this is not a browser specific problem but an issue with my forum and/or database. I continue to troubleshoot and hope to resolve it soon.

In the meantime, I hope that your posts, particularly longer ones, do not hang. Sorry for the trouble.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  4:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I did a "compact and repair" on the database tonight. I am hopeful that this will solve the posting problems. Thanks to those who found the issue. I trust that you will let me know how it goes.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  05:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Shoot. Ok, I am troubleshooting again.

So far, my test posts are working.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

LovinLK
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  7:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit LovinLK's Homepage  Send LovinLK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've had a lot of problems with IE and 64-bit incompatibility. IE keeps on crashing. It's a pain in the okole!!!

Lovin' Lee is my favorite pasttime!!

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  06:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Since my original posting, I have replicated posting issues in IE and Firefox. It seems that this is not a browser specific problem but an issue with my forum and/or database. I continue to troubleshoot and hope to resolve it soon.

In the meantime, I hope that your posts, particularly longer ones, do not hang. Sorry for the trouble.

I had a long post this morning and it got stuck - won't post. I will look into further tonight.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  6:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The issue appears to be resolved.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000