Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Amy Hanaiali'i & Jeff Peterson - Fallbrook, CA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  02:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Amy Hanaili'i and Jeff Peterson in concert, Tuesday January 26, 2010 at Hukilau Restaurant ~ Fallbrook Golf Club (2757 Gird Road, Fallbrook, CA 92028)

Dinner Tickets for PRIORITY SEATING ~ $35.00 (Includes choice of Hawaiian Plate Dinners)
General Admission ~ $25.00

Dinner ~ 6:00 p.m.
Jeff Peterson ~ 7:30 p.m.
Amy Hanaiali'i ~ 8:30 p.m.

Amy will be accompanied by her all-star band: Chino Montero, Stephen Jones, and Jeff Peterson

Tickets will sell fast, so get yours today! First come, first served basis.

Reserve your tickets by calling (951) 972-0783
For more information, email MeheulaMusic @ aol.com

(Join the mailing list for future events, too, at the above e-mail address.)

Sharing the Aloha Spirit through Music!

Brought to you by: Jim Marabotto & Reba Mehe'ula Marabotto of Meheā€™ula Music Productions
& John Toma of Hukilau Restaurant at Fallbrook Golf Club

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  4:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know the "bona fides" of the promoters? I'm not suspicious; just interested. Only two weeks notice for this kind of talent? I only heard about it from Jeff last Tuesday. I am going. FYI, Jeff is doing a less formal gig at the same place on the previous Monday. If it wasn't the better part of 50 miles from my house on a work night with I-15 North traffic, I'd make the Monday night gig too.
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  5:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chunky monkey

Anyone know the "bona fides" of the promoters?...Jeff is doing a less formal gig at the same place on the previous Monday.

I just got this E-Mail from Babe Valero of Motu Hawaii in Pacific Beach. She's definately bonafide. Here's the basic content:

http://www.pipeline2paradise.com/index.html

Sharing the Aloha Spirit through Music!

Mehe'ula
Music
Productions

Jim and Reba Mehe'ula Marabotto
(951) 440-1991 ~ (951) 972-0783

Fax ~ (619) 245-2463

Do you have any more info on Jeff's Monday gig? I did not see it on the Fallbrook Golf Course's calendar. I might be able to make that one:

http://www.fallbrookgolf.com/files/calendar.pdf

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  07:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just what Jeff told me, that he was doing a less formal gig at the same place on Monday. His quote
"I am looking forward to the workshop on the 23rd and also just booked
a concert in Fallbrook with Amy Hanaiali'i on the 26th--a few days
after the slack key festival.
I will also play solo at the same venue in a more casual concert the
night before."
Go to Top of Page

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  10:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kala mai - just now saw your question about Jim and Reba's bona fides... they have a new concert promotion company (long-time dream!) and are committed to bringing as much Hawaiian music to So Cal as humanly possible - as is John Toma at the Fallbrook Golf Club. Reba is half Hawaiian, and John was born/raised here on O'ahu. Jim's not Hawaiian (except his heart), but has great love for Hawaiian music, culture, etc. I don't know John, but Jim and Reba are lokomaika'i!!!

The opportunity to put this concert together came kind of at the last minute, and they've been working night and day to make it happen. I think they only have a few tickets left...

As for Jeff's solo gig, they haven't given me any more info about it - why don't you call or email them and ask? MeheulaMusic @ aol.com - I'm sure Reba will get back to you plenty quick...

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  4:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got a call. Jeff will be playing at the Fallbrook Golf Course on Monday Night (25 January 2010) in the Hukilau Lounge staring at 1900 (7PM for Rik). No cover, just tips.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  5:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone's planning on going to the Monday night performance, call or E-Mail Reba at (951) 972-0783 , email MeheulaMusic @ aol.com so she can get a tabulation of expected guests for the event. See y'all there. Ric

Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  10:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a very serendepitious way, I'll be in Carlsbad on business next week and able to be at Fallbrook Monday and Tuesday. Hope to meet fellow Taropatchers.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  9:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry, I'll be there on Monday. I do not know how long you'll be in Carlsbad, but it's rich in Island Music:

Monday at 7:00 P.M. - Informal Jeff Peterson concert at the Hukilau Restaurant in the Fallbrook Golf Course
2757 Gird Road
Fallbrook, CA 92028

Tuesday at 6:30 P.M. - Southern California Slack Key Society
http://openmikes.org/listings/kaisenssushi
1906 Oceanside BLVD #H
Oceanside, CA

Tuesday at 6:00 P.M. - Dinner, Jeff Peterson and Amy Hanaiali' at the Hukilau Restaurant in the Fallbrook Golf Course
2757 Gird Road
Fallbrook, CA 92028

Wednesday at 6:00 P.M. - Kanikapila - Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers at Today's Pizza and Salad
481 Santa Fe Drive
Encinitas, CA 92024

Thursday at 6:00 P.M. - Kanikapila - Ukulele Society of America
http://oceanhousecarlsbad.com/entertainment
Ocean House
300 Carlsbad Village Dr
Carlsbad, CA

Saturday at 11:00 A.M. - Kanikapila and Hawaiian store at Momilani's Island Traditions
http://www.momilanis.com/services.html
1906 Oceanside Blvd. #K
Oceanside, CA 92054

Tuesday through Sunday from 10 A,M. - 5 P.M. at the Museum of Making Music
http://www.museumofmakingmusic.org
5790 Armada Drive
Carlsbad, California 92008

Monday through Saturday from 10 A.M at one of the largest uklulele stores in the United States, Giacoletti Music
http://www.carlsbadmusic.com
505 Carlsbad Village Drive
Carlsbad, CA, 92008

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/ukuleles.html
Monday thru Friday, 9am-5pm.
Saturday, 10am - 5pm.
Sunday, 12noon - 4pm.
Buffalo Brothers
4901 El Camino Real
Carlsbad, CA 92008

Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  9:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry, I'll be wearing my wooden Ukulele Society of America name badge and my cell is (760)458-6656. I'll be at the Fallbrook Golf Course on Monday and the Ukulele Society of America on Thursday. Where are you staying in Carlsbad? Ric Douglas

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  9:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Goldstein

In a very serendepitious way, I'll be in Carlsbad on business next week and able to be at Fallbrook Monday and Tuesday. Hope to meet fellow Taropatchers.

Larry

Me too. I will be in Carlsbad on Monday. Not sure what my evening plans are as of yet.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  2:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lot's of Island activity here every week, Andy I'll be at the Fallbrook Golf Course Hukilau Restaurant Monday evening and the Ukulele Society of America at the Ocean House in Carlsbad on Thursday evening. Where are you staying? You might be walking distance to the activities. Several of the Carlsbad hotels/motels are. Ric

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  08:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy/Larry,
Can ya'll come to the SCSKS Open Mike on Tuesday? I'll be in Fallbrook tonight. Details above in Ric's post. I sent Larry a PM.
Mike

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  11:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll be meeting Andy for dinner and bringing him to Fallbrook tonight (Monday).

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 01/25/2010 12:27:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  12:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, Craig. Have dinner at the Hukilau earlier, just before Jeff performs. That's my plan. Se ya' there! Ric

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  1:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Craig is quick. Look forward to seeing you guys tonight and hearing Jeff perform.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000