Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 So Cal peeps Bolo (bolofusion) needs your support!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  10:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Big Island slack key guitar/’ukelele artist Bolo (bolofusion here on taropatch) has made it through the initial rounds and will be in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 23 to try for a spot on NBC’s America's Got Talent! At this stage the producers look for audience support as well as talent, so if you’re in the Southern California area, show him some support and help him get on the show by going to the Los Angeles Convention Center (1201 S. Figueroa St.) and cheering him on! It's free - all you need is I.D. (Kala mai, he doesn't know what time he'll be on - NBC films all day, and the host will be interviewing random people, so dress eye- and camera-catching!)

He's also hoping to do a concert while he's in the area, and he'll have some FREE CDs available. (One of us will post more info, if can.) Mahalo nui for your support!!!

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  12:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can he come down to San Diego for an impromptu slack key workshop? There are some wonderful videos of he and Chris Yaeton playing slack key duets.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  12:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PLus the SCSKS bubbas meet every Tuesday evening in Oceanside for a Slack Key Open Mike and he would be most welcome to join us. Might be worth a good (Japanese and Korean style) Sushi and Hawaiian Style Grille dinner. Email me for details and directions.

Go to Top of Page

dragonfly213
Akahai

66 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit dragonfly213's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry to butt in, is this Mika ele from the Valley? performs for the libraries too? I think I hired you a few years ago along with Maile for a show in East L.A. :) mahalo for that one! Jeni Z
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  1:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no
San Diego

Go to Top of Page

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  3:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Can he come down to San Diego for an impromptu slack key workshop? There are some wonderful videos of he and Chris Yaeton playing slack key duets.

I LOVE when he and Chris play together! He doesn't know what his schedule is quite yet, but San Diego might be doable(???). He flew out today, has America's Got Talent all day tomorrow, and the producers told him to also be ready for interviews, etc., so he hasn't been able to make firm plans for anything else yet. He's flying home Weds., I think...

Happy to call him if you'd like, and have him contact you? Just send me your info!
Go to Top of Page

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  09:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Quick update - Bolo just called, and he did really, really well at America's Got Talent!!! More info (and video!) soon...
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  06:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So much going on this last weekend! Sorry we couldn't get to the venue to support Bolo, but saw him after the show yesterday and besides freezing from cold, he was all smiles. He apparently was passed through many interviews/performances and I'm betting we'll see him on TV. What a nice man!!
nancy
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  08:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lynn,
Just sent you a PM with the Kaisen location and time in Oceanside.

Edited by - Mika ele on 01/25/2010 08:19:18 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000