Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Willy K in Fallbrook, CA February 24, 2010!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  7:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just receivied this E-Mail from Jim and Reba Mehe'ula Marabotto:

Thank you for making our first concerts with Amy Hanaiali'i and Jeff Peterson such a success!

Our next show with Willie K. is now posted on our new web-site: www.MeheulaMusic.com

Check it out! Join our mailing list too!

For those of you who already asked for tickets... please call me to confirm! I have you on my list to call, but if you get this before I get to you... please call me! If I've already talked to you since Thursday, we're good... we'll see you at the show and THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THESE ARTISTS!

Mahalo nui loa!

Sharing the Aloha Spirit through Music!

Jim and Reba Mehe'ula Marabotto
(951) 440-1991 ~ (951) 972-0783

Fax ~ (619) 245-2463

Willie K is coming to Fallbrook on February 24, 2010!

Sharing the Aloha Spirit through Music!

Wednesday ~ February 24, 2010

Hukilau Restaurant - Fallbrook Golf Club
2757 Gird Road, Fallbrook, CA 92028

Dinner: 6-7:30 p.m. Willie K: 7:30 p.m.

Dinner Tickets for PRIORITY SEATING ~ $42.00*
Limited to 100! ~ Includes choice of Hawaiian Plate Dinners

GENERAL ADMISSION ~ $25.00*
*Note prices, plus sales tax
Reserve your tickets by calling (951) 972-0783 (951) 972-0783

http://www.williek.com

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  3:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ric
I heard (from Mrs M) that he will be at the La Costa Grille as well. Forgot the date/time.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  8:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skipper, Jon Bart of Quiet Voice Audio is the sound engineer for the Fallbrook event. I'll be working for him there. Come along if you want to learn some lessons from one of the best. Ric

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  11:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who's Mrs. M ?
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  11:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear Willie K's also coming to the Belly Up in Solana Beach, the following day, and that Kealii (of Hapa) will also be coming to Hukilau Restaurant in March. I'm going to both, see you all there Biotch's!!!
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

lynn
Lokahi

289 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  11:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit lynn's Homepage  Send lynn a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slkho

Who's Mrs. M ?

Mrs. M is Reba Mehe'ula Marabotto of Mehe'ula Music Productions!

She said yesterday that both dinner and some GA tix are still available for Willie's show...

Coming up, they're bringing:

Keli'i Kaneali'i (3/9) (one of the founding members of Hapa - he released a great new solo album called "Kaua'i" late last year)

Kaukahi (4/16), with workshops and an additional GA-only concert on 4/17 (I think one of the workshops will be with Walt Keale, who doesn't just do straight music workshops - he adds a lot of cultural info/history/etc. too. Love Walt! There's that Keale/Kamakawiwo'ole family voice when he sings, plus I could listen to him talk story all day...)

Here's the website: http://www.meheulamusic.com/

(All the concerts are at Hukilau in Fallbrook.)
Go to Top of Page

Susie Kagami
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  10:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susie Kagami's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to share what an AWESOME show this is! Its Willie doing a great job of sharing the Aloha of cultures in one show. The musician-ship of all these guys is unbelievable and they come together perfectly! I saw this show twice and almost a third! So check it out! Be prepared to sing, dance and have a great time!
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  06:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI -- the gigs in Felton, Santa Barbara and Solana Beach are for the guitar trio "Lima Wela" (Willie, Avi Ronen, and Joe Cano), not Willie-solo. Great, great guitar stuffs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xbhFYBggog

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  1:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool.
Uncle Willie, Joe Cano, & Avi, (sorry, I forget his last name - but not his guitar playing)were at the Belly Up the following night...it was an awesome show...So much high energy and unbelivable guitar playing...if you missed this show, you really missed out. One thing I have to say about Uncle Willie, he's never afraid to push the envelope, never afraid to try new things, (dennis kamakahi is the same way)his talent has no limits. I've seen Uncle Willie & Joe Cano paired up before, and they just blow me away...they always come back stronger, and better than before...just a wonderful night of playing. Its people like this that keep me so enthused about playing guitar.
Thanks Uncle, Joe, and Avi...great show.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  09:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
slkho,
Mrs. (Mike)
PS: I'm back in town

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1004 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  1:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We made the Fallbrook gig. Best I've ever seen Willie. 2+ hours plus a hana hou. Great venue waaaaaay better than the BUT (Belly Up). Very intmate and no bar noise or people standing in front of you at the stage. These folks have some other great shows coming up. Get them while you can; support this effort. We don't get than many chances to support a great effort to bring Hawaiian music to So Cal.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  12:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Ok...its about time you got back...let's set a date to get together and do the Slack Key thingy, your house...my house....don't matter. Oh, and NO piano!!! nyuk-nyuk!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000