Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 NAKI'I HAWN MUSIC (MIKE AND ERMA IN SEQUIM WA.)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nakii
Aloha

29 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  12:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
360-681-8821 nakii1 @ live.com

NAKI'I HAWAIIAN MUSIC SILVERDALE BREMERTON POULSBO SEQUIM PORT ANGELES KINGSTON WHEREVER THE SPIRIT CALLS! 18 years but who's counting!
NAKI'I HAWAIIAN MUSIC FROM SEQUIM(AND NANAKULI!) (mike and erma) AND WHEN NEEDED, "NA HULA O KAUHALE NO NAHELE KAI" OF PORT LUDLOW(BERNIE ROBINSON)

WE ARE TRYING THIS SO OHANA AND AIKANE CAN FIND US, WE ARE FAR FROM "DA BEEG CITY" WHEN NAKI'I PLAYS , WE INVITE YOU TO DANCE, AS LONG AS YOUR KUMU, IF YOU HAVE ONE, SAYS YOU CAN. SHARE YOUR TALENT, BE HAPPY!

OUR PRIMARY AIM IS TO BRING AWARENESS TO THE IMPORTANCE OF MAINTAINING THE DIGNITY OF TRADITIONAL HAWAIIAN MUSIC AND HULA THAT CELEBRATES THE SACREDNESS OF ANCESTORS, ALI'I,FAMILY,COMPOSERS AND MUSICIANS.HULA AND MUSIC BEYOND THE LITTLE GRASS SHACK GENRE OF "FUN SONGS" ARE OFTEN PERFORMED WITHOUT AN AWARENESS OF THE DEEP SYMBOLISM THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RESERVED FOR APPROPRIATE SETTINGS , AND WITH EXPLANATION TO THE AUDIENCE AS TO THE IMPORTANCE OF RECOGNIZING THOSE WHO GAVE BIRTH AND IDENTITY TO THE MUSIC.COMPOSITION OF ORIGINAL SONGS GENERALLY RECORDS PEOPLE AND EVENTS THAT OTHERWISE WOULD FADE FROM MEMORY.WE PARTICULARLY WANT TO EXPRESS APPRECIATION TO VENUES WHO LIKE WHAT WE DO AND WHY WE DO IT, AND HOW WE TAILOR PROGRAMS FOR "APPROPRIATENESS"
MAHALO TO ALL WHO FIND TIME TO GIVE US A LISTEN!!

mahalo for support in 2015 ..out the door to play OVER 100 times..2016..WHO KNOWS...hope we and you all feel the aloha as we all share the culture treasuring Hawaiian life........keep the "ha" in aloha

Edited by - nakii on 01/29/2016 8:14:33 PM

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  8:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hooo! So busy you folks. Das good though. Happy to see your schedule.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  05:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't something like this go in the "Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews" forum? This is "talk story".
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  09:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ypochris

Shouldn't something like this go in the "Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews" forum? This is "talk story".

Yes, you are correct. Topic moved.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  1:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nakii

JULY 16 KUPUNA FESTIVAL, KENNEDY HI, BURIEN WA. ALL DAY TRIBUTE TO OUR WONDERFUL ELDERS, SOME EVEN OLDER THAN US.MANY GROUPS, ONO FOOD , VENDORS.MAHALO TO LONO'S AND OHANA FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL EVENT.
WE ARE EARLY PM
If not before, I'll see you at this great event.

KE KAI MALINO (with Noeau, Baritone, Nai`a & me) will be playing at 12:30.

Edited by - Retro on 07/06/2011 7:57:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

nakii
Aloha

29 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  06:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:
Originally posted by nakii

JULY 16 KUPUNA FESTIVAL, KENNEDY HI, BURIEN WA. ALL DAY TRIBUTE TO OUR WONDERFUL ELDERS, SOME EVEN OLDER THAN US.MANY GROUPS, ONO FOOD , VENDORS.MAHALO TO LONO'S AND OHANA FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL EVENT.
WE ARE EARLY PM
If not before, I'll see you at this great event.

KE KAI MALINO (with Noeau, Baritone, Nai`a & me) will be playing at 12:30.

k den!!!! okay then!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000