Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Greetings from a newbie from San Bernardino valley
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dhergert
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  8:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Don and I'm from Loma Linda in the San Bernardino valley in southern California.

I'm very new to the music and the culture of the Islands and here, so excuse me if I don't fit in perfectly at first.

I'm a long-time banjo, mando and square-neck reso player specializing mostly in Gospel music with a bluegrass-swing-jazz taste. I've recently been jamming with a couple of local uke players and have been bit by the Island music bug, so that's why I'm here.

Most recently I've moved my mando to slack-key open C tuning and use this to play along with the uke players, but I'm threatening to get my reso out and my banjo uke out, and learn some nice Island songs with them.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the music, the language and the culture of Hawaii.

-- Don

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  05:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the 'patch, Don! And don't fit in. Just be yourself.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ccb290
Aloha

9 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2016 :  4:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Don,

Welcome to Taropatch.net! If you're interested in someone to practice with, I'm not far from you. I live in Beaumont, CA. I've been playing and learning slack key for the past few years and I really love it!!

Tim

Edited by - ccb290 on 01/15/2016 4:05:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000