Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Back again after too long away!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluespiderweb
Akahai

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2017 :  11:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello favorite forum and people of mine! I've been away too long, and I am humbly coming back to say aloha again, and I hope all here are well and enjoying life and music, especially this blessed taropatch music that heals and renews as no other.

That I need, to be sure in my declining years, and hope to find again in playing some slack-key and being with you nice people here once more. I have recently taken up the guitar once more after a pretty long layoff, and I am enjoying every minute back, except maybe getting my calluses back (and some other aches), and trying to remember how to play! ; ) But I am mainly an improviser, so whatever congruent tones and phrases I am able to assemble, I am happy with that (blessed with ADD too). I started working on one of my favorites; Pohakuloa (composed by Moses Kahumoku) and even with me playing by ear, it sounded pretty sweet even for me playing it, and not coming close to Moses'rendition for my playing on my new Flamenco guitar! I will never be there or even close to where he was when he recorded it, but I still marvel in his abilities, yet am happy with my attempts to play his music and be near his style of playing for my abilities.

Sure, it comes back in bits, and I do really enjoy trying to play slack key, with Moses Kahumoku as a guide to how I would want to sound. Yes, there are many other talented people that I also love to listen to and admire (and have their albums), but Moses was my inspiration on his Ho'okupu CD, and continues to be my favorite stylist in the tradition still.

So yes, I am stuck in a lovely rut that will carry me for a long time, I hope, health willing and to come here and be inspired, thanks to you good people who know what I mean, and take joy along with you in this music.

Bless you all who love and keep this music alive, and to those who have been there before us and made this all possible. Mahalo, and Aloha once again to you all for this special music.

Koaniani,
Ola, Barry

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2017 :  05:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But what a lovely rut to be stuck in <G>

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

bluespiderweb
Akahai

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  2:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Jean, for sure, a great place to be, whenever you get back home to it!

Koaniani,
Ola, Barry

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000