Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Videos
 Jeff Peterson Slack Key Beginner DVD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2020 :  07:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a duplicate of a thread I just started in the main Slack Key page. I thought the info should appear here too, for the record.

I bought this directly from Jeff at the concert with he and Keola & Moana Beamer last October in Kirkland, WA. Sadly, it sat unopened near my computer for a while (life gets busy sometimes) but I have spent some of my recent enforced down time watching it.

Wow! There is a LOT of material on this DVD, and well presented. He teaches several songs, but also shows a lot of tricks and licks in passing. I have to spend some real quality time with the remote control, backing up and re-playing segments to catch what he just did. It will take me months of intense study to work through and catch just half of this new stuff. The printed PDF's will be a great help.

Hard to believe that this is *only* Volume 1 Beginner and there are plans for a Volume 2 Intermediate DVD. This beginner video is almost a master class in ki ho'alu all by itself.
https://jeffpetersonguitar.com/product/learn-play-hawaiian-slack-key-guitar-jeff-peterson-volume-1/

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  4:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with Earl's post. I picked up a copy at the Maui workshop last year (I even had Jeff autograph it for me ), and it's great.

He's also got a tutorial subscription service running on his website, with apparently lots of tunes and tab available.

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000