Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Which songs that you play are most popular?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  2:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Just curious as to which of the songs you play are most popular with the people you play them for. Feel free to distinguish between songs that are popular with people familiar with slack key and songs that are popular with people who aren't.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  4:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Led Ka`apana's Slack Key Lullaby seems to get the most positive reaction from people.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  6:34:05 PM  Show Profile
I don't know, Craig. You tell me

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:46:15 PM  Show Profile
With Hawaiians and people interested in Hawaiian music I tend to get good reactions from "E Ku'u Morning Dew," and from "Opae 'E" melodied with "Pupu Hinuhinu." From others I usually get good reactions to my own songs "Johnny's Bounce," the San Jose Suite and to Maori Brown Eyes in the Peter Moon via Ozzie Kotani arrangement. People who like my more Latin flavored stuff typically like "Dos Arbolitos." Slack key players don't listen to my stuff.
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  01:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage
I usually play all my songs every night and my wife always asks me to end it with "Spanish Fandango". You know this, Craig since I played it for you two nights ago.

Thanks very much for all your help with my computer, and I really enjoyed playing your great collection of guitars.

Bing
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
My pleasure, Bing...I hope we get to do it again soon!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000