Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Travel guitar
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  10:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I stole this from a post at the 13thfret.com. Check out this travel guitar.

Andy

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:08:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andy,

That's a great looking guitar, but look at that price! Have you seen the Baby Taylor? It's probably close to the same size, has awesome sound and playability and costs $250 with a gig bag or a little more with a hard case.

Aloha,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
That's the beauty of drooling over pictures... it doesn't cost a thing!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andy,

Man, you're up late in NJ. I was just responding to another thread and was surprised to see that you answered this one! Yes, drooling over pictures is great, but I like trying different guitars any time I can. I just discovered a store called the Guitar Center here in Washington (they're all over apparently) that has an absolutely HUGE selection of guitars. And I recently came across a Martin J-14 in Cherry, which I have never seen before. It had a surprisingly sweet, mellow and balanced sound and was only $1099 (list $1,599) at a shop called Music 6000 here in Olympia.

You can never have enough guitars!

Aloha,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey all!

Been away a bit.
Travel guitars? I acquired about 2 months ago a Washburn Rover, a small travel guitar that comes with more 'extras' than you can imagine. I will try to post a pix or two of it in the next few days. Nice sound, bit thin, but its a small body guitar. Best sounding of any I've heard x'cept for the baby Taylor.

Best part of the deal, $119.00 total, including shipping for a guitar, xtra bridge,picks, bridge adjustment shims, books, and a super cool, high grade cordura nylon/dense foam 'hardshell' case with 2 straps. Oh yeh, they threw in a CD on beginning guitar.

The guitar is made in Japan or Korea, depending on the lot, includes a solid spruce top, solid mohagany sides/back/neck, quality single geared tuners, and a semi-dull/matte alcohol finish.

FULL SIZED neck to 17 frets, small 'Washburn' shaped oval body, and is a delight to play.

I have not put mine down in the 2 months I've had it.

Cheap in price, moderate in materials, and outstanding in value for a hundred a twenty bucks.

Change the stings it comes with to a higher tension quality version of D'addario or Martin, especially for a lower TaroPatch tuning, and you are 'cookin' with gas!'

I rant no doubt, but this is a super cheap guitar with a nice sound that does a lot of things for little $$.

Okay, I'm done now

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

ongchua
Akahai

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  7:29:25 PM  Show Profile
Mike,

I've seen the Washburns but have been reluctant to spend the money on them. Did you get the steel string or the classical? Also where'd you purchase it?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000