Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Rejoice Ukuleles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

konacat
Aloha

36 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  6:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Aloha,

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding Rejoice Ukuleles? The pictures look pretty good on eBay but I have been unable to find out any information other than a Christian group makes them. They are made in Hawaii and are being sold out of Waianae. I know better than to judge a book by its cover or by its publisher. Their price is pretty good for the looks but I would like to find out about the intonation and playability. I am still new to ukuleles but am having fun and have found a new respect for the ukulele players.

Philip The only thing worse than my playing is my singing.

BernieB
Aloha

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  10:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Here's a comment made by a complaint on their feedback rating from eBay..."worst crafstmanship I've seen-unplayable instrument-will not return emails" There was also talk about them on the Flea Market Music website about trouble someone had with them after a damaged uke arrived. There's a lot of nice ukes that are known quantities in that price range.
Go to Top of Page

konacat
Aloha

36 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  12:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks

I appreciate the information. It’s not hard to remember some of the beautiful ukuleles I have seen in Hawaii. The workmanship and the sound were absolutely great. Although the Rejoice ukulele photos looked good, its nothing more than a wall hung painting if it can’t be played well.

Philip The only thing worse than my playing is my singing.
Go to Top of Page

leokiekie
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  11:04:10 PM  Show Profile
i made the mistake of buying a rejoice ukulele. it looked great on ebay and it looked well put together. it was an 8 string tenor. they gave me a grat price ($575). after a few days it arrived well packed in a cardboard box. i opened it and it was a beautiful instrument....until i took it out of the case. there was a crack in the headstock. i e-mailed the manufacturer (who was also the seller) and told them that i wanted my money back or at least a replacement. they told me that it was my fault because they sent me pictures of the instrument beforehand and i agreed to buy it. they acted like it was my fault because i didn't see a crack in the picture! talk about bad business. they wanted me to send it back to them so they could look at it at my expense. i couldn't believe it. i took it to gryphon stringed instruments in palo alto, ca and had the repair shop look at it. i wanted their opinion on it before i tuned it up. i didn't want to put anymore stress on the headstock. basically, they told me it was not worth fixing. the cracked headstock, high action, poor fretwork, and weak bracing would cost more to fix than the ukulele was worth. now i'm stuck with an unplayable wall hanger. beware.

leoki'eki'e
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  12:20:57 AM  Show Profile
That's a lot of money for a piece of junk! Sounds like they are wolves in sheeps clothing.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  01:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
They have no right calling themselves Christians, that's for sure! Keep an eye out on eBay for DeVine ukuleles (made and sold by luthier Eric DeVine)...I haven't seen any in a while but I bought one several months ago and have been very pleased with it.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000