Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Gabby Tabs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2002 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Aloha from Cleveland, OH!

I just found this great site! What a hoot! I performed a search to see if anyone has access to any tabs of Gabby but couldn't find any. Does anybody have any they'd be willing to share.

Mahalo,

--Pops

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2002 :  6:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Pops,

(You wouldn't be an avatar of Gabby would you? :-) We wish we all had tabs of Gabby's arrangements. As far as I know, they ain't none (that's what we say in CT). If you ever come across any, or wish to tab out what you hear that Gabby played, let us all know, yeah?

...Reid

Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2002 :  11:33:38 PM  Show Profile

Eh How'zit Pops!

Aloha from Maui, Hawaii! I was in the neighborhood, and saw your posting. Wow! We got "Slackers" from all over the place! Even as far as Japan! How is everything there in Cleveland, Ohio? Weather wise, it's very hot here in the Islands. But being it's a Memorial Day Holiday, I decided to try my luck with whipping for papio!

Actually, I would rather be spearfishing. I like my under water relm of spearfishing action. Although the ocean was at a low-tide with pretty calm conditions, visibility was not. So I decided to walk the reef, and tried whipping instead. Well, after a while I decided to call it the day...no fish! Just a really refreshing spray of gentle breakers.

Oops! I way off the topic here...Sorry! I just thought I'd share it with you and everyone else who may be reading this! "How'zit everyone! I do hope all of you are having or had a great Memorial day weekend!"

Okay, to the topic of Gabby Pahinui Tabs...As Reid had mentioned, it's nowhere to be found. However, there is a VHS Video Recording titled "Pahinui". It's a visual and musical look at "Hawaii's Legendary Gabby Pahinui, with Ohana and friends. I bought this video several years ago! To this day, I still enjoy watching it.

It's a Waimanalo Backyard Jam at Gabby's home! Even the late Leland Ata Isaacs, Palani Vaughan, Pahinui Brothers, Joe Gang and Peter Moon! When I watch it, I also try to jam along with them too! Ha! ha! ha! Jamming with Gabby and the Gang!

Well, I think I took up enough space on this topic....ha! ha! ha! Take care Pops! A Hui Hou!

slackkey

Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  8:29:43 PM  Show Profile
Reid,

While I'd like to be an avatar (great word!)of Gabby's I have a wee bit to go! Actually, my real name's Mark but that was already registered so I went with the first thing that popped into my head. Not a bad pick all-in-all and it'll probably help with inspiration, so why not? If I come across tabs, or if I tab any I'll be sure to share.

Aloha!

Pops

Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  8:33:14 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Slackkey!

Thanks for the update on the fine weather in Maui. It's been raining in Cleveland for about 40 days straight and I'm starting to look for an ark. Spear fishing sounds like alot more fun than waiting for it to stop raining so you can cut your lawn that's now incredibly high...

Do you know any of the Wendt family on Maui? They're my cousins. Hope all's well and that your day is filled with good things.

--Pops

Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2002 :  01:56:01 AM  Show Profile

Aloha Pops!

How're you doing? Any luck finding that Ark yet? Ha! ha! ha! You know....here on Maui, we could use alot of that rain you're having up there! Really! It's getting closer to summer, and the Hawaiian Heat is on!

No I can't say I do know your Ohana here, but I have heard the name, and looking in the phone book shows five of them!

Let's see...there's Carl D. Wendt from up-country...the number: 572-9273.

Then there's Donald E.Wendt of Kahului his number: 877-5277.

Here's Edward Wendt his number: 248-7730 (sounds like a Hana number).

Paul Wendt from Wailuku his number: 242-0750.

Finally William Wendt of Lahaina! Wow! They're all over the Island! His number is: 669-1341.

Pops! How long have you been living in Cleveland? Main 'ting you keep in touch with Ohana here in the Islands...And don't forget to "JUS PRESS!!!!!!!! A Hui Hou!

slackkey (Bill)

Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2002 :  6:45:29 PM  Show Profile
Slackey! Major cool!

I've been in Cleveland 45 years and I've only met my cousins once when very young. Of the name you gave me, Donald would be my uncle, Edward and Carl would be my cousins. Cool! I'm going to dropm them a line.

Mahalo and aloha!

--Pops

Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  02:21:55 AM  Show Profile

Aloha Pops!

Wow! 45 years is very long time away from your roots! BTW! Were you able to get hold of any of your Ohana here on Maui? I do hope the phone numbers are still valid! Let me know "K"! A Hui Hou!

slackkey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000