Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Lyrics - Do you have them?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  01:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gary's Homepage
Does anyone have the lyrics to Island Style by John Cruz?
Thank you,
Gary

meg
Aloha

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  02:40:03 AM  Show Profile
Island Style

Composed By: John Cruz

Chorus:

On the island, we do it island style

from the mountain to the ocean

from the windward to the leeward side
(Repeat)

Mama's in the kitchen cooking dinner real nice

Beef stew on the stove, lomi salmon with the ice

We eat and drink and we sing all day

Kanikapila in the old Hawai`ian way

Chorus:

We go grandma`s house on the weekend clean yard `cause

If we no go grandma gotta work hard

You know my grandma she like the poi real sour

I love my grandma every minute every hour

Chorus:

Instrumental:

Repeat 1st verse:

Chorus: (2X`s)
Go to Top of Page

Gary
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  04:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gary's Homepage
Hi meg:
Thank you sooo much!
Gary
Go to Top of Page

meg
Aloha

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  06:52:52 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Gary
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  12:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gary's Homepage
meg:
Would you have the lyrics to Li Hing Hula by Sean Na'auao?
Thanks
Gary
Go to Top of Page

meg
Aloha

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  01:07:38 AM  Show Profile
Li Hing Hula

Composed by: Sean Na'auao and Charmaine Ocasek
Performed By: Sean Na'auao

Intro: A-F#m-D-E7 (2X)

A F#m D E7
Grab a red or white seed, uh-huh, that's all you need, oh yeah
A F#m D E7
To do the Li Hing Hula
A F#m D E7
Put it in your mouth, oh yeah, without a doubt
A F#m D E7
You'll kaholo to the Li Hing Hula

Chorus:
A F#m
Swaying to the 'ami of the shiver
D E7
From the sweet and sour, sprinkle of the powder
A F#m
The Li Hing Mui, some hard or chewy
D E7
Kaholo sway, 'ami all the way
A F#m D E7
Hula to the Li Hing shiver

A F#m D E7
The flavor you can taste, uh huh, will quiver to your waist, oh yeah
A F#m D E7
Swaying to the Li Hing Hula
A F#m D E7
Sweet or sour, oh yeah, you'll 'ami for an hour, uh huh
A F#m D E7
Doing the Li Hing Hula

Chorus
Instrumental
Chorus
Verse 1
Last Line 2X
Go to Top of Page

meg
Aloha

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  01:10:16 AM  Show Profile
This is the website where I found the lyrics:

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi-bin/disp.cgi?pid=sheets
Go to Top of Page

Gary
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  04:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gary's Homepage
meg:
You are too cool!
Thanks again
Gary
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  3:48:20 PM  Show Profile
Aloha and Good Morning Meg! I never knew you had Hawaiian in you!!!! Someone needs some lyrics...
and "WALAH" it's there!

I also would like to extend my Aloha and Good Morning to Andy! Sarah! Reid! Keith! Ed B.! And all of the "Kiho'alu Gang Out here in T/P Land!

I'm sorry I haven't visited all of you in a really long time. Been really busy on this end....And the beginning of this year, i've been to the "Waihe'e Valley Kanikajammapila" only twice. Just remember I really LOVE All OF YOU, and miss our gatherings here on the Island when you come to Maui.

I'll try to stay in contact more here on Taro Patch. Remember also, that when tou guys do come to Maui....the invitation is still open! And if you did make it here, I'm sorry I didn't get to jam with you guys.

But as always...."KanikaKiho'alu"! No matter what! I've been spending alot of time on drop C tuning, and continue to come up with more of my own "Stylings". Love you guys and gals! A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  8:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Welina mai e Slackkey Bill!

Lo'ihi loa! [Been a long time!]

Great to see you post again! How's your shoulder doing? Hope it is getting better. Reid and I were just talking today about how some things just take so long to heal (backs, toes, fingers) ...but they do eventually get better.

So you've been exploring drop-C. Any melodies in particular?

Great to have you back, Bill!

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  03:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Ahiahi Sarah! It's great to hear from you too! Yup!!! It has sure been such along time.....As I mentioned in my last posting, been rather busy on this end. But!!! I still keep press'n! Just today, Kevin and I had a kanikajammapila session in Waihe'e Valley. It seems winter's come early here on Maui No ka Oi. Yeah! No kidding! At around 4:30 this afternoon it got pretty chilly! BRRRRRRRRRRRR....I wore just my levi shorts, and a sport-like shirt. Kevin was prepared! At least he brought a jacket

Yes I have been spending alot of time on drop-C tuning. Everything I did on open-G tuning, I do now also in the C-tuning. My pa'anis are still weak there, but I do improvise alot. My favorite songs in drop-C are: Kamakani Ka'ili Aloha....Ku'uipo I Ka He'e Pu'e One....Ua Noho Wau A Kupa....Kaleo Hano....Maunaloa....Kaulana Kawaihai....a whole much more! However, I do have my pa'ani for Ua Noho Wau A Kupa down pretty good.

Surprise! Surprise Surprise! Geez! I wish I was a computer wiz....Then I could send it via "cyber recording" Hey! When you and Reid make the trip back to Maui I can share them with you!!!!! JUst lastweek, we had Hal Nishida with us along with "Slackkey" Dan Sythe. Hal has his special magic in C-tuning. Have you and Reid met him before? I can't remember

Well! It's time for me to hit the shower! I'm still in the clothes I wore in Waihe'e. When I got home, I had to burn a CD for a friend of mine....so I;ve been on it ever since. The time now is 11:00 P.M. Maui time, 3/13/04....

Please give my Aloha to Reid! I hope his back is much better....me and my shoulder? Top-shape!!!!!! Love you guys! Miss Ya too! Until we meet again....A Hui Hou! Malama Pono.....

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  12:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the update! So good to hear that your shoulder is in top shape and that your slack key is going great! Also great to see you are jamming with Kevin, Dan and Hal. Please send our aloha.

We're going to try having a little New York City jam next Sunday. Wish we could jam like you guys!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Andy! What time? Give me the longgitude and lattitude, and I'll try to "BEAM-UP" there....Ha! ha! ha! Of course you guys can jam like we do....Wow! New York City Jams? Sounds exciting!!!! Kevin and their Hawaiian Band will be performing at Maui Amphitheatre (spelling). The area is where we once had a zoo. It'll be this coming Saturday. I'm gonna meet-up with them on the top.....That way I can go in for free!!!!! Wish all of you could join us! Please give my Love and Aloha to Lynette! A Hui Hou!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  2:39:36 PM  Show Profile
Keith and Suzie! Looking forward to seing the two of you next month! Give me a buzz when you guys get here. My Home phone number is (808)579-8576. See Ya!!!!!!

Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000