Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Get your new music out there!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  3:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Hello all you music makers out there;
Oneof my clients is a volunteer at the local public radio station here in Fairbanks, Alaska. He knows of my penchant for slack key and Hawaiian music in general, and he recently put on a 3 hour show of all Hawaiian music. I asked where he got all the albums, and he said some he buys, but many are sent to him from old contacts in the islands. He told me he would be happy to play any music anyone sent him in the mail.
This is not a huge audience in our area, but he did tell me he got more calls on that 3 hour show than he normally does, so a lot of folks were interested. The callers wanted to know what the music was, who performed it, and where to get more! And, the local arts association (who hosted a sell-out performance by Cyril, Dennis, and Cindy last February) is hosting an "Alaskan Luau" in a few weeks, and have asked me to contribute some live slack key. I will do my best to be a good ambassador for ki hoalu, and not try to mess up too much. Hey, anyone want to join me and take off some of the pressure???
So, anyone with a new CD out, or anyone willing to share a CD they have with a larger audience, feel free to send them to me, or, if you would rather, email me back and I will give you his personal address and you can send it to him. Or, if you are really the non-trusting type, I can give you the address of the local radio station, and you can send it there in care of my friend.
I have about 30 CDs of Hawaiian music, and he has asked me to come on his show and we could spin my favorites from that collection also. This may be a good way for newer artists to get there music out to a larger audience. And, we have a local record store that has been able to track down almost any recording I have ever asked for,no matter how small the label.
Karl

Karl
Frozen North

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  3:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Cool Karl. Good luck with the performance. Sounds like a fun time.

Sorry, but I deleted your duplicate post (cross post) in recording/reviews section. I rarely let double posts stay around.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Karl, this is wonderful news -- radio station playing Hawaiian music, and _you_ offering to perform. Bravo!

Have your friend email me -- I can help him get freebies from the record labels and music distributors here in Hawai`i, for airplay on his program.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000