Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Clueless in Monterey
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  5:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Just to be clear - I meant my remarks as a compliment not a criticism
Go to Top of Page

leokiekie
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  6:55:13 PM  Show Profile
be sure to let us know when and where you are playing so we can come and support you.

vince fernandez
www.hunawai.com
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  9:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Slkho, Mahalo's- great to hear from you, bruddah. Are you gonna be at Aunties on the 28th? Good! Thanks for the tips and the support. Let's get togeddah, slack, crack, and joke lidat! Bring da Wife and Zoom too!

Me Ke Aloha,
Steve

Edited by - Kiwini on 12/05/2005 10:51:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  10:26:08 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Raymond,

I did take your comments as complimentary. I think some may not have read it that way so I felt I needed to help clarify what I thought you meant. That way others didn't think that I would ask their advice, then disregard it, even though I knew that was not what you meant. I hope I didn't misrepresented my thoughts. To be sure, know that I respect you for all you have done for me and nothing could ever change that.

Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday night. I hope you plan to play some songs. I think others should know that Raymond, set up the open mic at the Espresso Gardens to create a venue for all of us to learn how to play on stage. It has been so successful that all the slots are taken every night and that he graciously steps aside for others to benefit from the playing time. I hope I speak for the other Ohana at the Gardens in thanking you for having played a big role in our development.

Mahalo Nui,

Kiwini
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  10:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Vince,

When I nail things down I'll be sure to let you know. I'm going to try and make it to Santa Cruz tomorrow night at Michaels, Espresso Gardens on Wednesday and then Aloha Island Grill on Thursday. Are you going to be at the Grill? I sat with Auntie Lei and Uncle Butch at Ka Pa Hula O' Maluhia's Ho'ike in Sherwood Gardens Saturday night. Crowd of 600, I was helping with stage lighting, so, not sure if you were there but it was a great Ho'ike. Kumu Kawika and his Halau O' Keikiali'i performed as well. Got to listen to Steven Espaniola play some Ki ho'alu, too. Ho da Chicken Skin night fo shua!

Mahalo for your Kokua,

Kiwini
Go to Top of Page

leokiekie
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  06:38:41 AM  Show Profile
aloha e kiwini,

sounds like a fun week for you. i'll be at the grille on thursday but i won't be playing at michael's tonight. vern will be there playing solo slack key. i had to miss the ho'ike over the weekend due to family obligations but i heard it was wonderful. lots of talent that night! i haven't seen my auntie lei and uncle butch for a while but i'll see them next month at her 70th birthday luau. i hope to see you around.

vince
www.hunawai.com
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  08:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Kiwini,
No worries brah, me and Puaho will try to be there, no gurantee - its on a weekday. Zoom has his own gig for some poodles in the neighborhood, can't be there. I know he'd love to see Patty, (tasty)
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  11:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Howzit Kiwini,

Ho'ike was a lot of fun! I learned a couple of the songs I sang for the haumana back stage while waiting around (between eating). Thats a perfect example of what to do in live scenarios. You dont always know what to expect, so just give it your 100% and jus press! Good luck with the restaurant gig!

A hui hou,

Steven

Steven
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  2:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kiwini and da rest of the Patch. I just read a article in Making Music on playing with Butterflies. The whole stoty was good but the last line hit it on the head. Pretend the audience is sitting out there wearing only their UNDERWARE!!! That should make you relax..........or run like hell!

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Bd1
Lokahi

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  2:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Stoty??? Must have been the BVD'S

BD1
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  8:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Vince,

I met Vern and Chris last night at Michaels. Parking lot was overflowing! Went inside and was standing room only! Hawaiian music everywhere! Ask Vern, he'll tell you about it. Vern and Chris put on quite a show for us then afterwards we wen talk story. Small world brah, I tell you. I'll see you at Auntie Lei's party for sure, I no like get dirty lickin!

A hui hou!
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  9:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Slkho?

Wot? No Worries but no guarantees? How is that? Anyway, no worry about da filipino/portagee, worry about Auntie and Mahina! BTW, Murietta is on the itinerary too. Don't know how far from you folks but.......we'll see.

Malama Pono,
Steve

Edited by - Kiwini on 12/07/2005 9:09:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  9:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Steven,

Mahalos! I enjoyed the Ho'ike alot! Everything was tight, music, dance, atmosphere. That's a real nice venue. Enjoyed your playing AND singing tonight as well. Lucky me, twice in one week!

A hui hou,

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  9:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Bdi,

My 80 year old uncle who was one old time portagee from Honolulu, was having trouble adapting to new technology. At his birthday, he opened one of his gifts, got all excited, and started hollering "Hooray, Hooray I got a new BVD!!!!"

We all fell apart when he turned it around and it was a DVD Player! Still calls it his BVD Player to this day! Life's too short, enjoy the old folks!

True Stoty!

Aloha,
Steve

Edited by - Kiwini on 12/07/2005 9:34:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  12:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Thanks Kiwini! Was an awesome kanikapila and enjoyed talking story with everyone. Great "BVD" story too! I agree...We need to treasure those moments that kupuna have to offer!

Steven
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000