Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Mike Ka`awa's guitar stolen!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  6:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Heads up, island folks. Got sad email from Mike Ka`awa today:

Last night two (2) 12-string guitars were stolen out of my locked van at Koolau Golf Course.

Both Adamas guitars in Ovation hard cases, models #1598 and #1598-MEI. The signature model is Brother Noland's guitar. The other one is my own that I use regularly.

Three males, local, were seen leaving the area in a 4 door, white sedan, license plate number JVR 655. The cops said the plates don't match the car, probably stolen.

After playing, I locked the guitars in my van, went back in to grab a few more items. I was only gone maybe 15-20 minutes, when I returned, my car had been broken into. Driver's door lock was busted, the back tailgate lock and lever also busted, and finally they shattered the front passenger door window and then punched a hole to enter my locked van.

If you hear or see anything, please call me. oh, but don't call my cell - they stole that too! Please call 737-9355 (phone number should be working shortly).

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  1:23:53 PM  Show Profile
....those rat bastards who stole the guitars!!!! hope they die a slow, hideous, and painful death.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  3:55:11 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that! Slow, painful, hideous, and lonely. They say that it takes all kinds, but we know that isn't the case.
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  04:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
Here's the article the Start Bulletin ran.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/08/news/story13.html

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  3:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha y'all,
I got to thinkin'. This, as when Cyril's kika was "misplaced", it's not just the loss of an instrument, mo' like a dear friend. Just as clothing or other personal artifacts, these guitars are steeped, STEEPED, in mana. We've all heard them, and they have talked to us. If somebody steals it, he is not only robbing one kanaka, he is robbing us all. How about our drinks with NO ICE, and stop this nonsense.
Put it out on the coconut wireless. Let's get these guitars back, and, bettah yet, our societal mindfullness that this just doesn't happen. K'den??

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  05:15:29 AM  Show Profile
As a wise man once told me, "It takes only one turd in the punchbowl to ruin the party." Thieves just don't get it. To be human is to be trustworthy and able to trust.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  07:30:53 AM  Show Profile
...maybe a word should be put out to the same Hawaiian Mafia that found Cyril's guitars, to look for Mike's. Somebody always knows somebody. Those who know, know. If you know what I mean.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  9:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Email today from Mike Ka`awa -- both guitars returned!!!

"Good News! Both guitars have been returned. Noland’s guitar was found on Saturday and last night "Ruby" came home.

The emails and telephone calls from everyone out there who expressed their aloha was incredible. From Hawi, Hilo, Wailuku, to Waianae and Lihue, and even Florida, people had their ears and eyes open."

Auntie Maria
===================
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  02:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for passing along the great news, Auntie!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

fanaddicts
Aloha

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  07:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit fanaddicts's Homepage  Send fanaddicts an AOL message
Da local Coconut Wireless was jahs too much fo da teefs! The information sure did get around the internet! Great to see it came out good.
Quote:
Noland's guitar was recovered first, when a Kaneohe pawnshop dealer recognized it. The man who was trying to pawn it waited for Kaawa and explained that a friend of a friend found them Saturday at a Salvation Army outlet.

Always Aloha, Lea
Comprehensive Fan Appreciation Site for Hawaiian Singing Sensation Danny Couch
www.dannycouchfanaddicts.com

Edited by - fanaddicts on 08/18/2006 07:04:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  07:33:43 AM  Show Profile
And if you believe that...
the good news is that they were found - and probably weren't able to profit from the effort since there was so much press.

Edited by - Pua Kai on 08/18/2006 07:34:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!! That's great news. A happy ending. I'm so happy the guitars were found.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  09:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/18/news/story09.html

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  1:02:50 PM  Show Profile
That's great, Mike!!

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  3:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Spent some time with Mike on Friday -- "Ruby" looks (and sounds), just wonderful.

He said that both guitars had been through many, many hands before being turned in (I had visions of the childhood game of "hot potato") because nobody wanted to be caught with either guitar. Cops are on the trail of the thieves...stay tuned for updates!

Auntie Maria
===================

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000