Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 24th Slack Key Festival Livestreaming
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

parotatch
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  8:16:01 PM  Show Profile
The 24th annual Slack Key Guitar Festival will be held at Kapiolani Park
Bandstand on August 20th, from 11am to 6pm. If you are unable to make it
to the park, listen and watch it LIVE on the web!

That's right, LavaNet will be streaming the festival to viewers around
the world for free. Our very own Pali Ka'aihue will be performing at
2:50pm! Come see the best of Hawaii's Slack Key Masters perform, and if
you can't make it, stop by this URL to watch:

http://www.lava.net/slackkey/

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  06:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Bravo to lava.net for offering this!

And didja know? Pali Ka`aihue is the brilliant young owner/President of lava.net -- AND frontman of the musical group, Pali.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  04:26:36 AM  Show Profile
Reminder -- this happens _this_ Sunday.

From today's Honolulu Advertiser:
Can't make it to the 24th Annual Slack Key Guitar Festival in Kapi'olani Park this weekend? Here's an alternative: LavaNet will Webcast this celebration of Hawaiian music, from 12:50 p.m. to 5:35 p.m. Sunday at www.lava.net or www.taylor guitars.com. "Being able to share the beautiful sounds of Ki Ho'alu with the rest of the world, streamed for the first time on the Internet, is something we're very proud and honored to be a part of," LavaNet president and owner Pali Ka'aihue said, in a release.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

tahitijack
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile
Watched most of it from my laptop on my patio Sunday evening (4pm-to 9pm). Audio was quite good..video was average. Nice vibe. We are lucky that Lava and Taylor did this. My wife and I kept saying commercial free show, a network, even cable network would never bothered. We are watching history. Live streaming shows over the internet. This is the future. Specialty shows. I wonder how many hits Lava and Taylor had?

Happy Sunsets
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  11:26:56 AM  Show Profile
I watched it from the East Coast - went to bed after 1AM.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pali
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  9:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pali's Homepage
Whew....

Mahalo all, *waves to Aunty Maria*

thanks for checking out the stream! Hope to be able to do it bigger and better next year!

as for hits, locally about 1400, total mainland IPs/connections totaled 3792... outside of the US, 498.
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  12:16:42 AM  Show Profile
was this recorded I missed it

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Pali
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  09:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pali's Homepage
sbar15

I know Taylor Guitars captured it and they'll most likely host selections from each artist on their site. I'm going to check what we have, footage wise.

Milton Lau (coordinator) did record the whole thing and will be releasing a DVD at some point.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  2:53:23 PM  Show Profile
Pali,
Thanks for including John Keawe in your set. At first the video quality was hard to distinguish everyone on stage -- but then I recognized that white beard. Mahalo Nui Loa for the chance to enjoy ki ho'alu in the Pennsylvania woods (been helping the National Guard for work). Good thing the hotel had free high speed internet!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pali
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  3:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pali's Homepage
Mika ele,

I'll pass on your thanks to everyone involved, you're very, very welcome and I'm glad it worked out for you. I know a few folks had problems but they attributed it to their computers. We had one guy at Kapi`olani Park watching from his Blackberry, and another via her smart phone.

John is such an awesome, awesome guy... probably the most humble guy you'll ever meet. I'm so glad he could come over for the festival.. I also wanted to help him plug his new CD, Beautiful Hula Dancer... which of course, can be found on www.mele.com <g>
Go to Top of Page

parotatch
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  9:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Pali, next year Ukulele Festival, can or what?
Nice job on the slack key streaming.

Mahalo to LavaNet
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  4:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Pali,

Thanks for making this possible. I watch it from my laptop on my porch in Ohio. It was great fun. Thanks, again!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  5:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Pali

thanks for checking out the stream! Hope to be able to do it bigger and better next year!

as for hits, locally about 1400, total mainland IPs/connections totaled 3792... outside of the US, 498.

Pali,

Thanks for dropping in and for streaming the slack key festival. It was so much fun watching from wherever we all are in the world. Looking forward to any Taylor archives and to watching next year.

Ps. We met briefly last year at the Kaua'i slack fest.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  6:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage
Does anyone know if there is somewhere that I can still see the festival? Danny Carvalho's "Hawaiian Soul" just blew me away. I was recording it and, naturally (Thanks a lot, Murphy), the tape ran out in the middle of it. I bought his CD which has it but it's not the same.

Mahalo nui for any help.

Mark E
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000