Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 "Bradda Poki"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poki
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  09:02:33 AM  Show Profile
Aloha:

My name is "Bradda Poki" also known as Your "Hawaiian Cruiser" My on air name as I am the morning joc on KNUI AM900 Kahului Maui. I have the 6am-10am morning show and I play mostly standard and traditional Hawaiian music also a limited amount of contemporary Hawaiian music too.

I was born and raised on Oahu, I'm pure Hawaiin, I've been livin on Maui for over 20plus years and love it. I M/C, play music, mainly I play the acoustic and electric Bass, ukulele & sing. Besides the being a radio joc in the morning, I also play music at the Old Lahaina Luau.

Once a month I host a great show called "Picnic with Poki and Friends" under the monkeypod tree in downtown Wailuku Maui on the lawn fronting the big white Queen Kaahumanu Church on High St. The show is every third Thursday of each month and I feature a particular island talent. We also broadcast live on KNUI AM900 and we begin at 11:00am-12:30pm. It's fun, exciting, it's free. People of all ages bring their beach mats(I have some availiable too at the site)and chairs and their mea 'ai or brown bag lunch and I always encourage them to invite a friend. I have many senior organization such as Alu Like, Hale Mahaolu, Roselani Place, Easter Seals patients, island residents from all over the island Hana, Keanae, Kihei, upcountry kula, Pukalani, Makawao, Central Maui Kahului, Wailuku, Lahaina, Kahana, Napili and ofcourse the mainland, Canada, England, Germany, Austria, Pueto Rico, etc. It's the Best Kept Secret on Maui and it's only on the third Thursday of each month. We
are into our 5th year of exsistence. I will enclose our schedule for 2007.
Schedule is as follows:
January 18, '07 Kahauanu Lake(Mr. K)
February 15, '07 Uluwehi Guerreo
March 15, '07 Pekelo Cosma
April 19, '07 Brown Ohana
May 17, '07 Hulu Lindsey
June 21, '07 Melveen Leed
July 19, '07 Hula Honey's
August 16, '07 Ron Kualaau
September 20,'07 Ahamanu
October 18, '07 Jesse Nakooka
November 15, '07 Mele Ohana
December 20, '07 Uncle Richard Ho'opi'i

This is what I'm all about. I hope this is of interest to you.

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  09:19:32 AM  Show Profile
Aloha no Poki,

You probably don't remember, but Sarah (my wife) and I have met you before. We are friends of Kevin and Sheldon and Uncle Sol and Kitty and Dave and Duke and lots of other Mauians, and former Mauians like Don Kauli`a. I think the last time we met you was when you were MC, with Boy, at the 2003 Slack Key Festival at MACC. Sarah played an Auntie Alice - kine version of Hi`ilawe with Kevin and Ikaika.

We were just talking about you and your monkeypod tree program, here on TaroPatch, so expect some mainlanders to show up soon.

Welcome and hope you stick around here.

And Poki, that is one swell line-up you have there. Wish we were with you instead of 5000 miles away.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  10:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Braddah Poki!

So good to see you here. We have fond memories of your MC-ing at the Slack Key Festival. Some day maybe we can hear you play and sing, too. Welcome to TP. I know there are others interested in the lunchtime "Picnic with Poki" because there was a question posted asking how to find the monkey-pod tree!

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1574 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  07:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Bradda Poki, welcome to the 'patch. We visited the monkeypod tree with Kevin and Jolene Brown back in October and the show was going out on some kind of web video hookup. We heard that the show was being archived, but (foolish me) I failed to write down the info. Can you give us a clue how to find and view those video archives?

Mahalo,
Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Edited by - Fran Guidry on 02/01/2007 07:26:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: