Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 Problems posting? Freezes up? *fixed*
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2002 :  3:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

I'm curious if any of you out there are having problems posting? I know it has happened to me from time to time, and others have mentioned it too.

If yes, can you please let me know when you have a problem (weekday vs. weekend, morning vs. evening, etc)? More importantly, let me know what error message you receive. Please post here or email me offline.

Thanks. I'm trying to collect as much info as possible to figure out the cause and possible solutions to pursue with my web host.

Aloha.

Andy

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  1:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I've had sporadic problems over the past week or two. I don't think there was any rhyme or reason to when the problems took place and there was no error message...the browser just hung after submitting a post. If I went back to the message page and reloaded, however, the post appeared. It was just the response to the post that was having problems.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

(Actually, it happened while posting this...after a minute or so the message page did reload by itself, but there was a significant delay after clicking the submit button and it appeared the browser had hung. Curiously, there was no such delay after submitting my original edit to the post.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 11/25/2002 1:50:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  6:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Same as Craig -- no apparent diference in day or time. Often just hangs when I post a reply, not when I post a new topic. I wait 30 - 45 seconds, then go out of taropatch, do some other business, then come back. The messafge has been posted.
Raymond Stovich
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  12:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks guys. Could you please let me know if you are using PC or MAC and what browser/version you're using? Thanks.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  2:22:10 PM  Show Profile
Yes, this is how I sometimes get multiple posts. The thing hangs so I press the stop button and resend. I am using IE 5.50 on a PC.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  5:58:40 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmmm. I don't know. I haven't posted in a week or so. Let's try one

(edit) It worked fine. Netscape 7.0 on a PC.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 11/26/2002 6:02:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  1:21:24 PM  Show Profile
It was slow just now on a post to the general forum @ 10:16 PST. No error message, just slow. I'm running XP, IE 6.0 and had the same problems on Win 98, IE 5.5 in the past.

This message was slow, too, or I'm impatient.
I watched the little clock in the system tray. It took about a minute to load. Sorry, seconds aren't displayed.

Pauline

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 12/04/2002 1:24:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  5:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm using Windows 2000 with IE 6.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  10:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I am disabling the subscription feature to see if this has any affect on the posting problem. My apologies to those using it. There is the possibility that when you post, the forum checks for the subscribers and sends out emails which could cause a delay if the server is busy.

Let me know if you have any problems posting. Thanks.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  2:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Test: Prime Time 14:30EST
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  2:34:00 PM  Show Profile
Andy, Something is alot better. Posted reply in about 3 secs. Will ping occasionally to make sure not a fluke.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  2:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
The forum speed seems improved, and I have not received any complaints since 12/06/2002. (knock on wood)

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  01:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I haven't had any problems in a while.

Craig
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000