Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Headsup on Slack Key Festival Feed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Pali
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  11:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pali's Homepage
Aloha All,

Pali here in the middle of Kapi`olani Park... just a headsup, we know the audio feed is kinda soft (or at least for Kaoru's set. We're trying to get some other pre-amp equipment set up (we're getting the same feed that the recording/OC16/KITV is capturing).

Mahalo for tuning in folks!

Pali

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  12:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Thanks! We're catching what we can (before heading off to PLAY music at slipry1's house) - who's the stage mc, is it Kimo Kahoano?

Noticed that the audio was really good until partway into John Keawe's set - then after dropping out for a while, it came back of lesser quality. But hey - it's such a treat to get what we can get over here in Seattle! MAHALO to everyone involved in making this available.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  12:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Keaumiki Akui is the MC that I saw open the program. I'm wondering which feed (and which festival) you're watching because first performer Paul Togioka is still playing on my screen right now.

*edit: Oops. Never mind. Seems I woke up late once again. lol

Of course - I shoulda knowed. He hosted the festival from Kauai a couple years ago, which I helped to edit for broadcast here.

Dwight Kanae thanked him, too (that's who we're watching now.)
---P.S.) see you in a few days, gs!---

A friend of Pali's, on another board, says: "...they got it all sorted out. They had it hooked up one way and had to hook it up differently to make it work."

Edited by - Retro on 08/19/2007 12:29:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  12:34:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Noticed that the audio was really good until partway into John Keawe's set - then after dropping out for a while, it came back of lesser quality.
Actually, the first feed was MONO (right channel only) and when it dropped out and came back it was stereo. The level dropped but the quality did not actually change much, a little while later the level was adjusted upwards again. A Lot of people mistake loudness for quality (the louder it is, the better they think it is). This is part of the reason so many Pop (Rock) Concerts are so loud. The orignal level was too low so it is good the someone discovered and fixed the problems.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 08/19/2007 12:42:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  12:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence

quote:
Noticed that the audio was really good until partway into John Keawe's set - then after dropping out for a while, it came back of lesser quality.
Actually, the first feed was MONO (right channel only) and when it dropped out and came back it was stereo.
I wonder if that's why I didn't notice the compression quite so much, when it was mono.

So - whose idea was it to disrespect the music by feeding interviews DURING performance sets?
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  1:49:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm enjoying this as well (except for the interviews on top of the music)...lots of great music floating around here this afternoon/evening!

Mahalo to eveyrone thats making it possible to experience "the next best thing to being there."
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  1:52:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
So - whose idea was it to disrespect the music by feeding interviews DURING performance sets?
I agree!...

Danny Carvahlo was fanstatic, he was playing all this intricate stuff while not even looking at the fretboard!!

In the middle of that they cut-away to feature some interview with a Japanese Mayor of some relatively obsure Japanese town!!

Mahope Kākou...

Edited by - Lawrence on 08/19/2007 1:55:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  2:42:55 PM  Show Profile

At this moment Haunani Apolonia is on with 2 other Wahine, one on six string and another on upright Bass...

Haunani on double-neck 6 and 12 string, doing great stuff!!

Mahope Kākou...

Edited by - Lawrence on 08/19/2007 2:43:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  2:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Pali - you must be busy. Thanks for dropping in and giving us the update. This is great. We can get used to this!

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law called me to say that they are at the show. Maybe I have better seats?!?!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Peshkwe
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  3:15:01 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Retro
A friend of Pali's, on another board, says: "...they got it all sorted out. They had it hooked up one way and had to hook it up differently to make it work."

That would be me *Hi* :)

He had called and asked that I post to let you all know. The sound is being run through the PA system now rather than the set-up they had which wasn't fully working with the feed itself.

But then I realized I wasn't a member here ...~oops~...So Retro, thank you again for doing relay.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  3:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Wow the quality of this cast is so much better than last year, at least on my end.

Lee
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  4:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Pilioha is playing now (7:30 west coast time) and you can see how smoothly Kamuela Kimokeo can play the taropatch. Ho da kine, ba!
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Pali
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  4:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pali's Homepage
Aloha All,

Thanks again for tuning in! Led is on now and Pilioha and he are rocking the house :) (or park, as it were) ;)

Video feed is being covered for a special on KITV/OC16 later, so were tapped into their camera arrays and boom cam. Totally awesome.

Cheers ya'll and waves to Andy :)

P.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Great set, Pali!

Right now, Kamuela Kimokeo versus Uncle Led. Whoa, smokin'!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  4:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Mahalo e Pali! Watching live on the mainland is unreal!

Loved the version of "Misrilou"!

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Pali
Akahai

64 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  5:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pali's Homepage
Mahalo! Hapa is next...just left the green room where Kaukahi is warming up.. awesome awesome day.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000