Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Ki ho'alu in Salt Lake City
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keone
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  12:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello all,

I was considering a move to Ogden, Utah near Salt Lake City and I was wondering if anyone knew what the Slack Key scene was like there. I know there are Hawaiian transplants in Utah, but my search on the internet so far has not brought up too much information on Slack Key guitar or Instruction. I was wondering if anyone might have some experience with this area? Any help would be appreciated.

Keone

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  1:56:58 PM  Show Profile
Going to work at Hill AFB?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Keone
Akahai

50 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  7:51:19 PM  Show Profile
I am not going to work at Hill AFB, but I do know that the air force is a big in Ogden. I would guess that should bring some musical diversity.

Keone
Go to Top of Page

Jeff Watkins
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  09:41:00 AM  Show Profile
Aloha
There isn't much in the way of an organized slack key presence along the Wasatch Front, including the Ogden area. The music stores carry only a few slack key CDs, and even more rarely is a slack key player featured, even as a warm-up, in a concert. There is a polynesian presence in the SLC area, often associated with the LDS church, and you might find some players somewhere. I worked at Hill AFB for 12 years and I never found a slack key player. Hawaiian issues are combined with Pacific Islander issues.

E malama pono
Jeff Watkins

Jeff Watkins
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000