Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 request for open tuning for hawaiian Guitar
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosencasio
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  5:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Dear All'

I have a double neck reynold hawaiian guitar with me.. I want to practise with this guitar..I would like know the open tuning on hawaiian guitar..I understand we can do Eminor or Aminor as open tuning.....please guide me how to do open tuning on hawaiian guitar and which is the best open tuning for beginners to practise and for chords also

thank you

rosen

Edited by - rosencasio on 08/29/2007 01:05:25 AM

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  04:09:41 AM  Show Profile
Try check out: http://www.taropatch.net/tunings.htm

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  07:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Hi Rosen -

You need to peruse the Hawaiian Steel Guitar section, since that what your Hawaiian guitar is. The "tunings" link won't help all that much as the tunings listed are all for slack key, not necessarily steel.

Check out "C6, Wha Dat?" http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2564 as a place to start. There's also some tuning info on the David Feets Rogers thread.

And make sure you contact Basil, Gary A and Slipry1 (AKA Jack) for guidance. All have oceans of information and a willingness to share.

Happy slidin'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000