Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Lono - Old Style IV
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  07:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Our friend and wonderful musician Lono advises that he is shortly to release Old Style IV. Here is what he has to say about it:

We are about to release our Old Style IV cd titled "Great Moloka'i, Child of the Goddess Hina".
It is olele Hawai'i nei with 2 olelo haole (old waikiki style) and all orginal compositions..
There are two kiho'alu instrumentals included.
There are 18 total tracks with the 3 conch and pahu begining, middle and ending.
The songs are of Moloka'i's history from the begining of time to this modern era.
All written from historians like Fornander, Kamakau, Malo, Nana Veary, Queen Lilio'ukalani, Kalakaua, Steven Desha and others.

There is the mention of that migration to Moloka'i in our mele "Ka'akau" on the new release. The Pe'elua 'ohana was very gracious when they heard this mele. They are friends of Lonomusic and the pic that is underneath the cd on the new release is that of Ka'akau's ( from the Mo'okuauhau of the Mo'o clan) secret tomb. A very sacred place.
We tell all the mo'olelo of our music in our shows and the response here on Moloka'i is good.
Any way that we can get the word out would help.

Not sure if you've heard, 2 of the distributors that we were acquainted with
managed to walk away with loads of our past works.
We only sell on Moloka'i and through our web site for now.

For those interested, his web site is: http://www.lonomusic.com/

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000