Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hau`oli la hanau, Aunty Genoa!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  04:47:55 AM  Show Profile
The delightful and beloved Aunty Genoa Keawe will be celebrating birthday #89 this week -- two or three times -- and again next month with a big party at the Ala Moana Hotel.

Great article about her by John Berger in today's Honolulu Star-Bulletin:
http://starbulletin.com/2007/10/29/features/story01.html

Can't be at the parties? No worries -- log on to http://www.alohavideo.tv/pakele_stream.htm Wed 10/31 at 5:30pm (HST) to see one of the tributes to our "Queen of Hawaiian Music".

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  05:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful birthday wishes to Aunty Genoa. What a regal lady. And hard to believe she is 89! She can belt them out with the best! Oh, wait a minute. She is the best.

Paul and I were fortunate to meet her in May at the Waikiki Marriott. We spoke to her before the show and told her how excited we were to hear her share her music. She asked where we were from and we told her Cleveland, Ohio. She asked if she could sing a song for us and I asked for `U`ilani.

I also e-mail her some pictures of her show after we got back home and got a lovely note from her son.

She is a true lady who exudes aloha.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  08:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for sharing the article. I will definitely be watching Pakele Live on Wednesday. What a treat to be able to attend the party online!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo for sharing the article with us. I will be definitely be watching Pakele Live on Wednesday. Can't wait to join in with the party online!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  2:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Wish I could join in, but unfortunately, it'll be way too late at night for me to see it! Dang!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe

Edited by - alika207 on 10/31/2007 2:55:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000