Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Ozzie's Second Book: Update
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  12:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Update from Ozzie:

"I am presently working on my second book and it is almost done except for
transcriptions and notations by someone helping me - probably out early next
year or late this year."

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  09:01:42 AM  Show Profile
Yay! I'm going to dive on that one! Mahalo e Ozzie! Mahalo e Cpatch no ka nĂ¼hou ho'ohau'oli!
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  10:56:21 AM  Show Profile
That's GREAT news. Hopefully it will be a continuation of the first book rather than a repeat (in terms of difficulty of technique) and also have some longer length pieces.

Looking forward...

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  11:10:52 AM  Show Profile
Craig, you're giving us a lot of things to look forward to, today. Great news.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  2:01:46 PM  Show Profile
OH MAN! Great News! Mahalo, Craig. Go, Ozzie, Go! (I usually don't do me-too posts, but this is a wonderful excuse.) Ever since the First Aloha Camp, when Oz said he would work on another book after touring, I have been holding my breath waiting - and I have been fretting that Ozzie was just too busy. I hope there is a large initial print run, 'cause Sarah and I are gonna buy a couple, and I predict a large initial demand.

Now, somebody work on Ron and Denise Loo to get reprints with CDs and some new books with the new tabs we know that Ron has composed, since the first 3 books came out loooong ago.

(Not that I can play a significant proportion of the tabs we have - but Sarah can, and I can listen).

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  2:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Another me-too. I love the first book. Let Ozzie know he has lots of fans in San Diego.

Chunk.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  2:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I just got off the phone with Ron Loo actually, and he has several new projects in the work that are held up at the moment due to a lack of funding. So if anyone out there is interested in becoming an investor for Ron's work, give him a call at (808) 239-4281.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  5:50:30 PM  Show Profile
Craig,

What are the projects and what (how much) will it take? We could get together a syndicate. I like that, I always wanted to be a membah uv da syndicate (pre Cosa Nostra). But, seriously, get us some details.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  6:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
He said he had a Ukulele book in the works along with a basic guitar book and another slack key album. He also wants to put together a video/DVD (I've already hooked him up with someone for that.)

Moneywise he wasn't specific, but he did mention that he's had investors for past projects at around the $5K mark.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 02/06/2003 6:08:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  7:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the great news about a new Ozzie book! I'm ready to go!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Before you all get too enthusiastic, note the release date of "early next year [2004] or late this year." Still great news, but still a long way off, too.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  8:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Craig,

You've been working hard today. Thanks for the inside scoop (3x)!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000